By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can you just imagine a Silent Hill 2 remake for PS4??? O_O

Wanna see Silent Hill 2 remade?

Sure! 9 47.37%

Not really. 5 26.32%

Doesn't interest me. 5 26.32%

Total:19

And I'm talking remade from ground up EXACTLY like Shadow of the Colossus. I think the Silent Hill games share a LOT in common with Team Ico games with atmosphere, mood and just being such artistic games. One in fantasy whereas the other within the horror realm.

Silent Hill 2, just like with ICO and SotC are some of the greatest games ever in my mind. SH2 most definitely is the greatest horror game ever created in my honest opinion. I know it'll never happen because of, well..."Konami." But geez, just the thought of Bluepoint announcing its remake would be absolutely PHENOMENAL. That game would benefit so much from it even though it still looks great on PS2 (much better than those horrid HD remasters - what on earth were they thinking????)

But yeah, seeing SotC just brought on these thoughts. 

Around the Network

Man think of all the pachinko in 1440P on the Pro!

I disagree, wholeheartedly.

The reason Silent Hill worked so well on PS1/PS2 was because the low resolution and fact most people were playing on CRT displays, added a lot to the atmosphere, and did an excellent job of allowing the player to fill in the gaps in surroundings and objects with their imagination where the consoles limitations meant that geometry was not accurate or simply a texture to represent it.

the undertaking requires to retain that feeling would be far more than the game is worth.

the switch from relatively analog CRT to digital LCD/LED plays a large part of why going back to pre-hd consoles, but on modern displays, feels so dramatically different to when you originally played them on the original consoles.

NATO said:

The reason Silent Hill worked so well on PS1/PS2 was because the low resolution and fact most people were playing on CRT displays, added a lot to the atmosphere, and did an excellent job of allowing the player to fill in the gaps in surroundings and objects with their imagination where the consoles limitations meant that geometry was not accurate or simply a texture to represent it.

the undertaking requires to retain that feeling would be far more than the game is worth.

the switch from relatively analog CRT to digital LCD/LED plays a large part of why going back to pre-hd consoles, but on modern displays, feels so dramatically different to when you originally played them on the original consoles.

Hmm, interesting! I'm surprised you have this view. I can't agree with you, though. Because SotC you can argue  is in the same veins as SH2 in that regard but in my honest opinion, looks FAR superior to the CRT PS2 version. Not to mention, the 60fps is just gonna give it that reality boost. 

StreaK said:
NATO said:

Hmm, interesting! I'm surprised you have this view. I can't agree with you, though. Because SotC you can argue  is in the same veins as SH2 in that regard but in my honest opinion, looks FAR superior to the CRT PS2 version. Not to mention, the 60fps is just gonna give it that reality boost. 

They're not comparable, ones mostly open world and largely bright, the other is dark, murky and grungy, the latter works infinitely better on CRT.

Around the Network

I'd honestly love a SH 1-4 remake.

I could imagine it on more than just PS4 based hardware. Especially with 4k textures and non baked lighting, as well as volumetric fog.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The more realistic things look, the less believable they become.

Just release it with an extra 'VR FPS' mode.   Personally kind of dissapointed that we not got MGS2 with a VR mode. 

NATO said:

I have to agree. The element of "what you don't see is what scares you the most" is a very important part of any horror media, not just games, and it can't really be replicated in 4k ultra High Definition. You'd probably need to change the whole artstyle to make it fit.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.