Forums - Movies Discussion - Everyone is expecting the Jumangi sequel to be a smash hit

You never know with these types of films. They can either be huge successes or big flops. Doesn't seem to be much middle ground. It would be interesting to see if the decline in TLJ this coming weekend, plus if this movie does well, would lead to it dethroning TLJ. It would take it being a big hit, since TLJ will probably do $88M-$110M, but we shall see.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I thought it was a reboot and not a sequel?

Yeah,  I guess you could say it is just a reboot. 

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

It looks absolutely horrible, I expect it to be shit

Seems to be a decent movie with decent reviews. You wouldn't expect that based on people's opinions on VGC

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 20 December 2017

Teeqoz said:

Seems to be a decent movie with decent reviews. You wouldn't expect that based on people's opinions on VGC

If TLJ has taught me anything, it's to be wary of reviews.

Around the Network

Movie looks like shit, I'll pass.

Love the original though.

KLAMarine said:
Teeqoz said:

If TLJ has taught me anything, it's to be wary of reviews.

Obviously other people liking something is never a guarantee for what you will think of it personally. I found TLJ to be very enjoyable despite some flaws.

That movie doesn't look like Jumanji at all.

Jewmangi!!!!

Anyway, I am interested to see it. Don't go to the theaters anymore, but I will buy it when it hits PS Video. Looks like it will be a good movie, but nothing will beat the original Jumanji. Robin Williams is my favorite actor of all time, so it is bittersweet. Hope Mr. Johnson and and gang can deliver.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I always suspected it would bomb. I mean, since I first heard about it I felt it would be a disaster. We'll see...

mZuzek loves to pre-order