By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Everyone is expecting the Jumangi sequel to be a smash hit

Movie looks like shit, I'll pass.

Love the original though.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Teeqoz said:

Seems to be a decent movie with decent reviews. You wouldn't expect that based on people's opinions on VGC

If TLJ has taught me anything, it's to be wary of reviews.

Obviously other people liking something is never a guarantee for what you will think of it personally. I found TLJ to be very enjoyable despite some flaws.

That movie doesn't look like Jumanji at all.

Jewmangi!!!!

Anyway, I am interested to see it. Don't go to the theaters anymore, but I will buy it when it hits PS Video. Looks like it will be a good movie, but nothing will beat the original Jumanji. Robin Williams is my favorite actor of all time, so it is bittersweet. Hope Mr. Johnson and and gang can deliver.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I always suspected it would bomb. I mean, since I first heard about it I felt it would be a disaster. We'll see...

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
KLAMarine said:

If TLJ has taught me anything, it's to be wary of reviews.

Obviously other people liking something is never a guarantee for what you will think of it personally. I found TLJ to be very enjoyable despite some flaws.

Would you give it a 90% or above rating?

KLAMarine said:
Teeqoz said:

Would you give it a 90% or above rating?

No.

Sequel?

Is it related to the first one at all beyond Name and theme?

Besides wasn't there already a Jumanji sequel? As well as even a sort of spin-off that was in space or something.

d21lewis said:
I always suspected it would bomb. I mean, since I first heard about it I felt it would be a disaster. We'll see...

I had the opposite impression. Wide appeal with its basis on something everyone knows with very popular actors. Kevin Hart and The Rock seems guaranteed successes at this point.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

looks meh to me.