Well, if you thought the character models in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 were offputting... Skyrim is on a whole new level of ugly.
Actually, one of my big complaints about the game is that it was impossible to not make your character look hideous - I spent half an hour or more trying to make it look even close to decent; but to no avail.
Anyway, I also liked Xenoblade Chronicles X better than 2, but I liked 2 better than 1... For the most part:
1. Beginning part of XC1 (Climbing up the Bionis) is generally better than the beginning of XC2 (Chapter 1-4)
2. Ether Mine and Factory (Except on NG+) sucked equally.
3. Towns in XC2 are WAY better than XC1 (except Frontier Village, which is still very interesting).
4. XC1 gets really boring after Alcomoth, only exceptions are Fallen Arm (IMO the best part of the game) and the few minutes at Melia’s home in Alcomoth.
5. Chapter 8-10 in XC2 demolish anything XC1 ever had. It’s not even close.
But overall, I like the non-linear civilization building story, and the freedom of XCX a lot more than both games. Planet Mira is one of my favourite locations of all time. My only complaint about are that I wish NLA could be built up more and I wish more civilization could be built outside of it (there are a few things built, but I want FULL colonies).
I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.