By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what are your expectation for the next mainline final fantasy?

I expect it will be a fundamentally flawed game, struggling to find it's own identity

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
think-man said:
Id like them to go back to pre FF X style. I wouldn't even mind if it had half the budget. I want it feel like it did when Final Fantasy could do no wrong

Then play Final Fantasy XIII. It's pretty similar to X and why I think X sucks.

XIII is my favorite in the main series. I have never had the pleasure of trying X.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I want it to be directed by Hiroyuki Ito, in a FFXII-like or FFIX-like setting, with an overworld similar to FFXII's, which isn't open world, but it isn't like FFX's corridors neither. The battle system can be anything they want as long as it's good and not heavy on QTEs. I also want it to have a fully coherent story that they don't have to complete via DLC.

gergroy said:
I expect it to be awful. Every final fantasy game since X has been worse than the last. XV was abysmal, it is going to be hard to do worse, but I have faith that square will find a way....😒

Final Fantasy XII was worse than X?!

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
The only expectation I have is that regardless of how it comes out, the fans will bitch and moan about it to no end. That's the only guarantee with the FF fanbase.

Hear, hear!

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Then play Final Fantasy XIII. It's pretty similar to X and why I think X sucks.

XIII is my favorite in the main series. I have never had the pleasure of trying X.

Here's to you COKTOE.

It would be incredibly amazing if the story was wrtitten by Matsuno.

Lol after that crap called FF13, I don't have any expectations at all. Gone are the days when you bought a ff game and you knew it would be great quality. I'll buy ff7 when they release a definitive edition with all the episodes.

More fantasy, less reality I think.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
BasilZero said:
KBG29 said:
I am looking for them to make the leap to VR. Final Fantasy in VR with next gen Motion tracking would be an incredible experience.

Monster in the deep is VR Final Fantasy.

Also I hate VR , would not want it in a FF mainline game.

Dont want to add to the list of FF games I avoid (i.e. FFXI and FFXIV).

TV and M&K/Controllers is an outdated technology. AAA games should all be built in a AAA environment. VR and Motion Tracking is what defines AAA experiences now. There will still be great games for retro style TV + M&K/Controllers, but they should be coming from indies and AA teams. It will be really disappointing if Squares biggest team is still building games games based on nearly 30 old limitations by the time the next Final Fantasy arrives.

That said, I will play it either way. I would just prefer to have full controll of my body and senses with a next gen Final Fantasy, as opposed to crippling limitations of 30 year old tech.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL