By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what are your expectation for the next mainline final fantasy?

KBG29 said:
I am looking for them to make the leap to VR. Final Fantasy in VR with next gen Motion tracking would be an incredible experience.

Monster in the deep is VR Final Fantasy.

Also I hate VR , would not want it in a FF mainline game.

Dont want to add to the list of FF games I avoid (i.e. FFXI and FFXIV).

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

Epic standalone game without need of sequels, less voice acting and cutscenes. Similar style to either VII or IX. I think that's it, not saying anything about soundtracks because they always deliver in that department.

That's what I want, but I don't really have many expectations for the franchise anymore.

Less action... more turn based? :)

It to release after I've died from old age.

It to be more like God of War than Final Fantasy.

It to be complete and utter trash.

Ka-pi96 said:

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You think it will release before I'm a dead old man? hmm.... I'm not so sure.

I expect it will be a fundamentally flawed game, struggling to find it's own identity

SegataSanshiro said:
think-man said:
Id like them to go back to pre FF X style. I wouldn't even mind if it had half the budget. I want it feel like it did when Final Fantasy could do no wrong

Then play Final Fantasy XIII. It's pretty similar to X and why I think X sucks.

XIII is my favorite in the main series. I have never had the pleasure of trying X.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I want it to be directed by Hiroyuki Ito, in a FFXII-like or FFIX-like setting, with an overworld similar to FFXII's, which isn't open world, but it isn't like FFX's corridors neither. The battle system can be anything they want as long as it's good and not heavy on QTEs. I also want it to have a fully coherent story that they don't have to complete via DLC.

gergroy said:
I expect it to be awful. Every final fantasy game since X has been worse than the last. XV was abysmal, it is going to be hard to do worse, but I have faith that square will find a way....😒

Final Fantasy XII was worse than X?!