By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what are your expectation for the next mainline final fantasy?

The last Final Fantasy I would say was extremely good was FFX so I would like to go back to the roots of the series. Bravely Default and other games all showed it can still work and be amazing.

FFXV was a mixed bag but overall it didn't feel like Final Fantasy

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Expectations?

Hm. I expect it to be about a pack of female idols who summon monster with their cell phones.

That would sell over ten million units, with ease.

reviniente said:
COKTOE said:

XIII is my favorite in the main series. I have never had the pleasure of trying X.

Here's to you COKTOE.

Thank you. 

A toast to you too sir.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

My expectation is that I won't care about it as much as Final Fantasy VI-X.

GoOnKid said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
The only expectation I have is that regardless of how it comes out, the fans will bitch and moan about it to no end. That's the only guarantee with the FF fanbase.

True. The fanbase belongs to the bitchiest groups ever. They will set their hopes up to completely unrealistic standards and be disappointed afterwards no matter what SE did, it just doesn't matter anymore. Everyone of the so called fans seems to know much better than the entirety of SE what the next game must be like. These fans can't appreciate a game anymore for what it is but instead always criticize it for what it isn't (which means anything that deviates from being their very own personal wish game).

That's not true. I've been bitching about FFXV since long before its release and people slammed me for being so negative about it. Turns out I was completely right about this pile of garbage. Thanks to setting my hopes exceptionally low I was almost able to enjoy it. They're never gonna make a game better than FFIX or anything that resembles it. FFXV by far was the furthest they've ever gone from the main formula of the series, so I have no illusion that they will ever go back to what made previous FF games great.

So the best thing any real FF fan can do now is just hope that the next game is not gonna feature a boy band as main cast. Because it really cannot get any worse than FFXV.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Expectations?

Hm. I expect it to be about a pack of female idols who summon monster with their cell phones.

And it will be glorious!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

malistix1985 said:
The last Final Fantasy I would say was extremely good was FFX so I would like to go back to the roots of the series. Bravely Default and other games all showed it can still work and be amazing.

Yeah, it's not really a mainline FF game without turn based combat and exploration IMO. FFIV to FFIX were the best years of the series. I still have to finish FFX, but I didn't much care for it. Too linear for my tastes. After X every game is just a spinoff, being made by people that had nothing to do with the 90's games. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
malistix1985 said:

Yeah, it's not really a mainline FF game without turn based combat and exploration IMO. FFIV to FFIX were the best years of the series. I still have to finish FFX, but I didn't much care for it. Too linear for my tastes. After X every game is just a spinoff, being made by people that had nothing to do with the 90's games. 

FF XII was directed by Hiroyuki Ito. Father of the ATB systems that the games you mentioned use, and director of FF VI and IX.

So... What are you talking about?

Hynad said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

FF XII was directed by Hiroyuki Ito. Father of the ATB systems that the games you mentioned use, and director of FF VI and IX.

So... What are you talking about?

That I did not know. No wonder FFXII was so good. 

ryuzaki57 said:
waifu, like the beautiful one in OP

how about a real version of cindy from ffxv...