By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what are your expectation for the next mainline final fantasy?

waifu, like the beautiful one in OP

Around the Network

After XV, I expect nothing out of it.All I wish now is that Square starts making great FF games again

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

To stop trying to be a western game and be back to what they can do right.

Also: before elaborate any major plot point,be sure to make your characters likable.That's what you lost when sakaguchi left,square.That's what gonna make ff special again.

SegataSanshiro said:
To have terrible Normura designs. To be unfinished. High budget and just above average as an RPG.

A lot of people won’t, I really appreciated this 

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

reviniente said:
think-man said:
Id like them to go back to pre FF X style. I wouldn't even mind if it had half the budget. I want it feel like it did when Final Fantasy could do no wrong

To FFVIII? No, thank you.

FFVIII is the best one! After XII anyway. But you raise a good point, fans have never considered Final Fantasy to be a series that can do no wrong. They hate every other entry or so and even the ones they like get called over rated all the time.

On topic, the series is all about change so I don't really expect anything. Probably will have a character called Cid, maybe chocobos, magic and Gil, but other than that almost any conventions could be changed, they have been before.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Id like them to go back to pre FF X style. I wouldn't even mind if it had half the budget. I want it feel like it did when Final Fantasy could do no wrong

Then play Final Fantasy XIII. It's pretty similar to X and why I think X sucks.

I would like for them to return to their roots, specifically 4, 6, 7, and 9. The SNES/PS1 was their peak, IMO. The NES and PS2 eras were good also. Everything since FF13 has been disappointing.

shikamaru317 said:
Well, rumor is Ito is directing it, so I doubt it'll be action, most likely it will use the traditional Active Time Battle system.

God willing.

SegataSanshiro said:
think-man said:

Then play Final Fantasy XIII. It's pretty similar to X and why I think X sucks.

Final Fantasy XIII is to X, what Final Fantasy XII is to VIII. Take from that what you will.

I liked what i saw in agni's philosophy. I would like for them to go in that direction. Also make a good story this time, which was missing since XII.