By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUBG on XB1 crosses 1m players in 48 hours, will be bundled with XB1 X through Dec 31st

Zach808 said:
shikamaru317 said:
In light of the recent PS4 price drop to $250, I'm wishing that MS had decided to bundle PUBG with XB1 S as well.

I doubt they're that dumb.  Have you SEEN how it runs on the base XB1?  Might as well bundle it with Microsoft Powerpoint.

I play it on a launch Xbone. Outside of the lobby and the parachute phase it has played fine for me.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Should give the X a nice boost in sales and its great to see PUBG doing well on Xbox.

I've been seriously considering picking up an X.  I just haven't quite been convinced to pull the trigger.  But, I have been planning to purchase PUBG.  So, effectively, the price of X just went down by $30.  Now, I just have to catch some kind of sale at Target (the only place where the X is likely to be on a real sale in the USA by the end of the year), and I'll have no choice but to jump in.  

LudicrousSpeed said:
Zach808 said:

I doubt they're that dumb.  Have you SEEN how it runs on the base XB1?  Might as well bundle it with Microsoft Powerpoint.

I play it on a launch Xbone. Outside of the lobby and the parachute phase it has played fine for me.

Also not stopping my cousin from calling it "the best game ever". For me (xboxX) outside of halo and gears 1 I've never had a better time playing multiplayer. Just knowing that the game is going to improve in so many areas, and get more and more content makes me so happy. Also happy that PS4 gamers will get to experience it eventually. It's not an experience to miss out on.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Snoopy said:
jason1637 said:

They tried to buy the devs but they didn't want to be bought out.

Source?

Any eu or Asia players here? Wondering if someone who hasn't played on the NA server solo playlist can hop in die as fast as possible and check the leaderboards. Gives a pretty decent estimate on number of players in the region with the exception of players who only play duo or squad. I've done it on the Asia and Europe servers. Number of players for each is
EU- 296k
AS- 72k
On Wednesday 2 people had it at about 700k for NA. makes sense that it would have 2.5-3 times eu since all north and South American players would play on that server.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
Any eu or Asia players here? Wondering if someone who hasn't played on the NA server solo playlist can hop in die as fast as possible and check the leaderboards. Gives a pretty decent estimate on number of players in the region with the exception of players who only play duo or squad. I've done it on the Asia and Europe servers. Number of players for each is
EU- 296k
AS- 72k
On Wednesday 2 people had it at about 700k for NA. makes sense that it would have 2.5-3 times eu since all north and South American players would play on that server.

I'll check it after I get home from work. So in about 12 hours damnit :P

Just won my first solo after a few top 10 finishes... Man... That ending was tense... So fun though...

Have won a couple of squad already. They seem easier as long as you have a half decent team you do well.

I can also vouch for the "turn off game dvr" helping with framerates and texture loading. I did hard reset my xbox too though. I highly recommend doing it after installing a game tbh.

Playing on a day one edition for reference.

Machiavellian said:
Mar1217 said:
"Game Preview Edition" ... *sigh* We gone that far already huh ?

what else could it be, the game isn't released yet.  Also on the box in the post above it says console exclusive which could mean only the Preview Edition but you know how marketing loves to twist things to their advantage.

You got it exactly right. What is interesting here is the wording in their advertising. The console exclusivity only counts for this “Game Preview Edition”. Typical deceptive marketing as usual.

KiigelHeart said:
hudsoniscool said:
EU- 296k
AS- 72k

I'll check it after I get home from work. So in about 12 hours damnit :P

Up to 328k in eu and 82k in Asia. 42k for them, including NA should be adding 100k players a day.

Errorist76 said:
Machiavellian said:

what else could it be, the game isn't released yet.  Also on the box in the post above it says console exclusive which could mean only the Preview Edition but you know how marketing loves to twist things to their advantage.

You got it exactly right. What is interesting here is the wording in their advertising. The console exclusivity only counts for this “Game Preview Edition”. Typical deceptive marketing as usual.

Just so you know, marketing is not the job of being truthful its the job to sell a product without breaking any laws.  So deceptive is not the word I would use because it it is exclusive.  The marketing is literal to exactly what its selling.  Its always up to the buyer to take any marketing with a  grain of salt and be attentive to the choice of words.