By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUBG on XB1 crosses 1m players in 48 hours, will be bundled with XB1 X through Dec 31st

Machiavellian said:
Errorist76 said:

You got it exactly right. What is interesting here is the wording in their advertising. The console exclusivity only counts for this “Game Preview Edition”. Typical deceptive marketing as usual.

Just so you know, marketing is not the job of being truthful its the job to sell a product without breaking any laws.  So deceptive is not the word I would use because it it is exclusive.  The marketing is literal to exactly what its selling.  Its always up to the buyer to take any marketing with a  grain of salt and be attentive to the choice of words.

Deceptive is the fact that Microsoft always tries to fool uninformed people, which is exactly what they're doing with PUBG. You will find that 70% of X1 fans believe that PUBG is console exclusive, which it won't be. Microsoft purposely writes "CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE" and "GAME PREVIEW EDITION" in two different colours, instead of writing "CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE GAME PREVIEW EDITION". And they do stuff like this every time. Call it what you will, I call it shady marketing and no...that's not how marketing usually is supposed to work, at least not here in Europe.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Machiavellian said:

Just so you know, marketing is not the job of being truthful its the job to sell a product without breaking any laws.  So deceptive is not the word I would use because it it is exclusive.  The marketing is literal to exactly what its selling.  Its always up to the buyer to take any marketing with a  grain of salt and be attentive to the choice of words.

Deceptive is the fact that Microsoft always tries to fool uninformed people, which is exactly what they're doing with PUBG. You will find that 70% of X1 fans believe that PUBG is console exclusive, which it won't be. Microsoft purposely writes "CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE" and "GAME PREVIEW EDITION" in two different colours, instead of writing "CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE GAME PREVIEW EDITION". And they do stuff like this every time. Call it what you will, I call it shady marketing and no...that's not how marketing usually is supposed to work, at least not here in Europe.

Yet Sony advertises the PS4 Pro as a true 4K console on TV here... 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Errorist76 said:

That truth overlooked by certain fanboys...

Alkibiádēs said:
Errorist76 said:

You shouldn't even bother, since he probably has some new excuse that defends that beforehand...

BTW, even "dynamic 4k" is a lie since most  patched games run at 1440p-1800p..

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Huh, 1 million in 2 days is pretty crazy.

Around the Network

Man whether PUBG is exclusive or not is pointless in this thread, it has 1 million players in 48 hours and that will continue to grow.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
Man whether PUBG is exclusive or not is pointless in this thread, it has 1 million players in 48 hours and that will continue to grow.

By any standard that is impressive. It's not my kind of game. I'd end up raging and stroking out. However many of my friends are playing it and having a fun time it seems. Not much negative feedback.

I don't think I'll ever understand the phenomenon of this game :D księgowa Jelenia Góra

Last edited by hatsi - on 02 January 2018

Alo

Finally got Oceania servers! They originally said it wouldn't happen unless there was massive demand for them.

Obviously it's selling quite well in Australia and New Zealand.

flashfire926 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

You shouldn't even bother, since he probably has some new excuse that defends that beforehand...

BTW, even "dynamic 4k" is a lie since most  patched games run at 1440p-1800p..

You're so funny, it's a 4K capable machine but Sony never said it it's the only machine that could do that. Sony marketing says dynamic 4K gaming, 4K media. Dynamic 4K was from the start described as using different methods to create a 4K output. Microsoft on the other hand pretended the 1X was something different, when in reality it is doing the exact same, just at a bit higher resolution and in most cases sub 4K. So of course you're going to state that it's ok to call checkerboarding and dynamic resolution "true 4K"?! 

Here is Microsofts official "true 4K" definition from their website.

But it doesn't matter to you blinded fools. You just like being lied to.