By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUBG on XB1 crosses 1m players in 48 hours, will be bundled with XB1 X through Dec 31st

Snoopy said:
I made a prediction earlier this year that Microsoft will buy PUBG up eventually. If we all look closely this game is following a very similar road map to Minecraft which Microsoft bought. Shown on e3 stage first on Xbox, marketed heavily by Microsoft, selling well on Xbox, a games as a service which is what Microsoft likes the most, Microsoft helping them make the game. Hell this game is using azure servers. Minecraft isn’t just for xbox, but it also for their servers which is what Microsoft cares more about than Xbox to be honest.

They tried to buy the devs but they didn't want to be bought out.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Snoopy said:
I made a prediction earlier this year that Microsoft will buy PUBG up eventually. If we all look closely this game is following a very similar road map to Minecraft which Microsoft bought. Shown on e3 stage first on Xbox, marketed heavily by Microsoft, selling well on Xbox, a games as a service which is what Microsoft likes the most, Microsoft helping them make the game. Hell this game is using azure servers. Minecraft isn’t just for xbox, but it also for their servers which is what Microsoft cares more about than Xbox to be honest.

They tried to buy the devs but they didn't want to be bought out.

Source?

Well, this game is going to end up selling like 30 million copies this year alone it seems, a massive success that seemed to have come out of nowhere.

Wow, a million in 48 hours? A digital only title? Thats... Nsane( thought it would be a good time to use that )

Proud to be a Californian.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Expected.

Players, not copy’s sold.
It’s very impressive regardless

My question though, if I own this on PC do I get to play it on X1 without buying again? Like the other games they publish?

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

merman said:
Players, not copy’s sold.
It’s very impressive regardless

My question though, if I own this on PC do I get to play it on X1 without buying again? Like the other games they publish?

Not if you bought it through Steam, I think.

Played PUBG, its actually not too bad. I can see why people like it. Its a hard game to play and the optimisation can be better however its definitely a new experience which is all about the gameplay.

Azzanation said:
Played PUBG, its actually not too bad. I can see why people like it. Its a hard game to play and the optimisation can be better however its definitely a new experience which is all about the gameplay.

To me, it's the kind of game that's best played with friends. At least that's how I played it. I bought a copy a few months back, when 3 of my mates had a random on their team. The random decided it was fun to team kill all my mates, to which I bought a copy and became their 4th team member. We still died, but we worked well as a team for the most part, and that made it fun for me. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"