By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games releasing soon after reveal - opinion

Okay, so is it just me or is anyone else absolutely loving the fact that a ton of games that get announced for the Switch end up being released extremely fast after their announcement? Or at least, they don't reveal the release date until DAYS before the release like Brawlout? Aside from the January direct games, Mario + Rabbids got revealed and released in 2 months, a ton of indies get announced and released within a week or so (Steamworld Heist Ultimate Edition) 

I'm personally loving this new thing. It's nice to hear about a game and BAM you can buy it in a week. I think it's really important for marketing as well due to the fact that people aren't focusing on the titles that won't drop for a year. Like we know of some titles for the beginning of 2018, but we know there is going to be so much more after the Jan direct (which will more than likely happen) 

Already in the first quarter of 2018 we have

Lost Sphear in Jan

Bayonetta 1+2 and Payday 2 in Feb

Attack on Titan 2 and Atelier Lydie and Suelle in March

Already the beginning of 2018 looks promising, at least for me. Cause I want all of those I just mentioned. 

What titles are you hoping will be announced for Feb/March? Do you think Nintendo will fill those with Kirby and Yoshi? None of those are developed by Nintendo, do you think we will get at least one from them?

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Well, it's bad for list wars

Veknoid_Outcast said:

And in the end that's what really counts.

Signature goes here!

i like having a shorter time period between announcement and release, but i'm going to hold off on giving Nintendo too much credit until I see when certain games are coming out.

they showed a '4' and nothing else for one game's reveal let's remember.

How it should be!

Nowadays it's like watching a trailer of your favorite movie and being excited, just to be disappointed at the end when it says "Coming 2020".

IMO it should be like this: E3 for games that are still green, and the rest of the shows to announce games that are coming in 6 to 12 months top.

The Nintendo Direct format is great, i hope Sony does this along with the rest of the yearly conferences.

Sid could host the direct "show" and announce new stuff.

Around the Network

I don't know how to feel. In one way I am glad that there are plenty of games that release weeks after being announced but in the other hand, having a tricky job, I sometimes manage to plan my gaming time allocation, per game sometimes months in advance (sad sittuation I know). I love being hyped for big name titles for months or even years to come. I know that I am a masochist but games like MP4 and TloU2 are the things that keep me alive

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

ThisGuyFooks said:
How it should be!

Nowadays it's like watching a trailer of your favorite movie and being excited, just to be disappointed at the end when it says "Coming 2020".

IMO it should be like this: E3 for games that are still green, and the rest of the shows to announce games that are coming in 6 to 12 months top.

The Nintendo Direct format is great, i hope Sony does this along with the rest of the yearly conferences.

Sid could host the direct "show" and announce new stuff.

Sony's problem this year was too many events with content spread out. All shows were meh as a result with PSX being very boring (general census on Twitter). It would do them good to adopt the direct format (with general directs at least twice half year and special direct for specific games).

TruckOSaurus said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

And in the end that's what really counts.

In the end it doesnt even matter

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Look at your avatar, and tell me how you think I feel about it.

Still waiting for steep.

All in all, i don't think we will get any of the games revelaed at e3 in 2018, so this will be a very interesting topic to return by next holiday.

Tagged

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko