By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games releasing soon after reveal - opinion

ThisGuyFooks said:

OTBWY said:

And that's exactly the reason why everyone was bored out of their minds at every conference from Sony this year. They don't build hype with directs the way Nintendo does. How come Nintendo's spotlight got more attention than Sony's full E3 show? Or any other show for that matter? It's years of building hype with short bursts packed with juicy info.

Too many damn events. They should cut down to about two a year. Converse info for these events. Use directs to hype them up.

LMAO

I thought we were having a serious conversation bro.

Chao!

Don't make me show you those audience reactions Guy!! Lol!

Around the Network

So do you think that Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, No More Heroes 3 and Pokemon RPG will all release next year?

Nozz-A-La said:
So do you think that Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, No More Heroes 3 and Pokemon RPG will all release next year?

My opinion : No to Prime and Pokemon perhaps to the other 2

Yeah, it's certainly been nice in terms of the Switch. Even with the unannounced teaser of SMO and Spla2n in the Switch reveal, those games were released around a year later, which was great. Xenoblade releasing within a year of its announcement was nice as well. So releasing games not long after announcing them is nice, though it doesn't matter a lot to me. As long as it's not another BotW case. The wait for that wasn't fun...

I'm still hoping FE Switch does happen some time next year.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

celador said:
i like having a shorter time period between announcement and release, but i'm going to hold off on giving Nintendo too much credit until I see when certain games are coming out.

they showed a '4' and nothing else for one game's reveal let's remember.

I think they did that more so for an assurance to Metroid fans that they've been listening and they have not been forgotten. For that base, I figure even just an announcement of a new core Metroid title is enough.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

It’s awesome. I hope they continue to work this quickly in Future. Like Metroid 4 coming out in 2018 would be awesome.

Nozz-A-La said:

Didn’t say that all games revealed for the Switch have been set for release soon after their announcement, I said most. Even then, indies are more of the topic for this thread, but there can be exceptions like I stated, Mario + Rabbids. Out of your list, believe NMH3 and Pokemon will release 2018, considering how an entirely different team worked on US/UM and NMH has been stated as a smaller game.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

This approach is much, much, much better. I don't want to wait several years. BotW took long enough.

I agree. I'd really like Nintendo to do a Direct in January that discusses/reveals most (though not all) of their Switch releases for 2018. It's good to know what's coming in the calendar year and seems to be a solid strategy for them. If, in January, they can confirm that Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby, Bayonetta 1&2 will be joined later that year by things like Pikmin 4, new IP, Animal Crossing and Pokemon, then suddenly Switch's 2018 looks much more solid. And that's without third party titles, including localisations from Japan.

EDIT: I see the thread focus is more on indie releases, so just to address, that, yes I'm agreed. There are so many interesting titles it's easy to lose track of them, so it's helpful for me to find out about a game and know I can buy it soon. Otherwise I just forget they exist.

justiceiro said:
Still waiting for steep.

All in all, i don't think we will get any of the games revelaed at e3 in 2018, so this will be a very interesting topic to return by next holiday.

Tagged

Did you stumble on this thread thinking it was about Sony? 🤪

Or do you really think Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem, etc. are 2019 games?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won