By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games releasing soon after reveal - opinion

OTBWY said:

Sony's problem this year was too many events with content spread out. All shows were meh as a result with PSX being very boring (general census on Twitter). It would do them good to adopt the direct format (with general directs at least twice half year and special direct for specific games).

The amount of events is not a problem in my opinion.

It's great that they are always out there, the more they expose themselves as a brand the better.

Im looking at the direct format as a complement to what we already have, not as a replacement.

A Direct will never have the same impact as a proper conference.

Sony were clear enough when it comes to people's expectations of PSX. They literally said that it was going to be a panel with developers and that the biggest announcements were made at PGW.

Around the Network

It's a double edged sword

Can't generate hype for a game if it's undisclosed, but less waiting for consumers

I prefer not having to wait and being surprised, but then again, it's harder to anticipate for games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

ThisGuyFooks said:

OTBWY said:

Sony's problem this year was too many events with content spread out. All shows were meh as a result with PSX being very boring (general census on Twitter). It would do them good to adopt the direct format (with general directs at least twice half year and special direct for specific games).

It's great that they are always out there, the more they expose themselves as a brand the better.

Im looking at the direct format as a complement to what we already have, not as a replacement.

Sony were clear enough when it comes to people's expectations of PSX. They literally said that it was going to be a panel with developers and that the biggest announcements were made at PGW.

The amount of events is a problem.  

Yes,  more events are better,  cause it generates more buzz and press.  

However,  too many events lead game announcements to stretch thin over the multiple conferences. Leading to somewhat bad press when one conference isn't as good as previous ones. Regardless of the fact if they warned us or not.  Just search up articles in the net. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

It's always nice when you don't have to wait long for an exciting looking game, but there's something to be said for having a roadmap of what's to come, too. 1-5 quarters is fine by me.

OTBWY said:
ThisGuyFooks said:
How it should be!

Nowadays it's like watching a trailer of your favorite movie and being excited, just to be disappointed at the end when it says "Coming 2020".

IMO it should be like this: E3 for games that are still green, and the rest of the shows to announce games that are coming in 6 to 12 months top.

The Nintendo Direct format is great, i hope Sony does this along with the rest of the yearly conferences.

Sid could host the direct "show" and announce new stuff.

There have been more meh Nintendo directs than actually meaningful ones.  Nintendo should adopt Sony's method and have events to showcase their games.

Around the Network
ThisGuyFooks said:

OTBWY said:

And that's exactly the reason why everyone was bored out of their minds at every conference from Sony this year. They don't build hype with directs the way Nintendo does. How come Nintendo's spotlight got more attention than Sony's full E3 show? Or any other show for that matter? It's years of building hype with short bursts packed with juicy info.

Too many damn events. They should cut down to about two a year. Converse info for these events. Use directs to hype them up.

flashfire926 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

The amount of events is a problem.  

Yes,  more events are better,  cause it generates more buzz and press.  

However,  too many events lead game announcements to stretch thin over the multiple conferences. Leading to somewhat bad press when one conference isn't as good as previous ones. Regardless of the fact if they warned us or not.  Just search up articles in the net. 

I get your point, but then i ask: A problem for whom?

Id say people with crazy expectations and websites looking for that Clickbaity article.

People complaining about PSX simply don't understand the nature of the event. 

OTBWY said:

And that's exactly the reason why everyone was bored out of their minds at every conference from Sony this year. They don't build hype with directs the way Nintendo does. How come Nintendo's spotlight got more attention than Sony's full E3 show? Or any other show for that matter? It's years of building hype with short bursts packed with juicy info.

Too many damn events. They should cut down to about two a year. Converse info for these events. Use directs to hype them up.

LMAO

I thought we were having a serious conversation bro.

Chao!

Train wreck said:
OTBWY said:

There have been more meh Nintendo directs than actually meaningful ones.  Nintendo should adopt Sony's method and have events to showcase their games.

Lol no. All of their direct were fire except maybe the Fire Emblem one. Gets the job done and creates tons of hype. Straight to the point with no bloated, disappointing boring conference with a wall of couches and charge money.

A timely release is never bad, certainly.