By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad: Philadelphia considers banning bulletproof glass because it’s racist

-CraZed- said:

monocle_layton said:

"But longtime Councilman David Oh isn’t supporting the Bass’s bill. 'I would just prefer the bulletproof glass,' he says. 'It’s transparent, as opposed to the person with the gun on the holster on the hip.'

Maybe you shouldn't be so condescending, ok?

Also, this is one councilman who's clearly in the minority. It's funny how the majority of these types of posts are always surrounding a few people who clearly spout bullshit. 

Tulipanzo said:

So, this is going to be another one of those false/easily disproven headlines to provide an excuse for some shut-ins to complain about the feminists? God, really missed those

Edit: It was! http://6abc.com/business/bulletproof-glass-provision-pulled-from-stop-and-go-bill/2734741/

Edit: it was again! Updated at bottom of story - CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story said the bulletproof glass provision had been removed.

Article title now reads (correctly btw): Bulletproof glass provision amended in 'Stop and Go' bill in Philadelphia City Council

“A provision requiring the removal of bulletproof glass from so-called 'Stop and Go' stores in Philadelphia was amended before being passed on Monday by city council. Instead, the provision was amended to provide L&I a three-year time frame to create regulations regarding the use and removal of that glass.”

Obviously the councilwoman is not the minority and the headline was not disproved. Philly is apparently moving forward with this policy,

Alright, I'm wrong. I assumed the experienced councilman would have more power (along with the article stating it was removed).

Is this dumb? Yes. However, I suppose I'll continue to disagree with anything I view as morally incorrect, regardless of who does it. If it makes me an SJW, then fuck it.  

Within a few months however I see this being removed. Not unreasonable to predict an increase in robbery and homicides in Philly soon

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
Lawlight said:

One councilwoman.... and 5 co-sponsors. It’s going to a committee and vote so,no, it’s not like 4chan. Maybe read the article first before you post, ok?

"But longtime Councilman David Oh isn’t supporting the Bass’s bill. 'I would just prefer the bulletproof glass,' he says. 'It’s transparent, as opposed to the person with the gun on the holster on the hip.'

Maybe you shouldn't be so condescending, ok?

And how does this post validate your previous post? You thought this was just 1 person and that it was equivalent to a video game forum poster.

Tulipanzo said:

So, this is going to be another one of those false/easily disproven headlines to provide an excuse for some shut-ins to complain about the feminists? God, really missed those

Edit: It was! http://6abc.com/business/bulletproof-glass-provision-pulled-from-stop-and-go-bill/2734741/

Except that’s not what your link says. The bill was just amended to give Licenses and Inspections a 3-year time frame to put regulations in place. Bill is still moving forward.

monocle_layton said:
Tulipanzo said:

Call out the bullshit and they'll come back either way. Fucking annoying, but I just call them out and ignore it. Headline is clear clickbait (not the state, but a councilwoman), and yet he had a condescending response to my original post.

Not my issue however. 

See, another case of you not reading the post.

monocle_layton said:
-CraZed- said:

Also, this is one councilman who's clearly in the minority. It's funny how the majority of these types of posts are always surrounding a few people who clearly spout bullshit. 

Edit: it was again! Updated at bottom of story - CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story said the bulletproof glass provision had been removed.

Article title now reads (correctly btw): Bulletproof glass provision amended in 'Stop and Go' bill in Philadelphia City Council

“A provision requiring the removal of bulletproof glass from so-called 'Stop and Go' stores in Philadelphia was amended before being passed on Monday by city council. Instead, the provision was amended to provide L&I a three-year time frame to create regulations regarding the use and removal of that glass.”

Obviously the councilwoman is not the minority and the headline was not disproved. Philly is apparently moving forward with this policy,

Alright, I'm wrong. I assumed the experienced councilman would have more power (along with the article stating it was removed).

Is this dumb? Yes. However, I suppose I'll continue to disagree with anything I view as morally incorrect, regardless of who does it. If it makes me an SJW, then fuck it.  

Within a few months however I see this being removed. Not unreasonable to predict an increase in robbery and homicides in Philly soon

Respect.

Around the Network

ugh. It would make sense to allow business owners to be able to protect themselves and their customers instead of making it easier for criminals to commit crime....

-CraZed- said:
monocle_layton said:

Respect.

I don't live caring what's right or wrong. I live knowing that even I make mistakes.

Being incorrect doesn't piss me off. The retarded 'hurr durr da leeburals and sjw's are back it' is what makes me despise any sort of conversation involving politics nowadays. Why can't we criticize a law, person, or event without going 'dem lefties/righties back at it' as though we have the mental capabilities of a five year old? 

The world hasn't gone mad. This is a law that is one of many other laws that will probably end up being removed eventually. This need to insert dramatized bullshit into anything to get these reactions is a problem. 

No idea why the councilwoman did this, but viewing her history she's done some decent things. Can't we post the article without inflating the doom and gloom?

Wow that’s ridiculous. Glass for sure is not racist. It’s a safety measure. People are losing their minds.

Flilix said:
Qwark said:

Well I don't trust people and bullet proof glass does wonders for isolation. In other news a nice satirical story about me building a snowman. Because winter has finally come in The Netherlands.

I build a snowman this day at 8:00 clock.
Around 8:05 my feminist neighbour walked by asking why I made a snowman and not a snow woman and that I was sexist for making only a snowman. So I also made a snow woman and made them hold hands.

By 8:30 I was finally done making my snow woman and snow man holding hands. So at 8:45 the keeper of the daycare center down the street was offended by the breast size of my snow woman.

At 9:00 clock the gay neighbor down the street was offended that my snowman didn't include any kind of pro gay statement. Me being kind of done building snowmans said he was free to build a snowman besides mine and making then hold hands as well.

Within 1 hour my snowman was a hit topic on twitter and there where a plethora of YouTube videos claiming what was wrong with my creation and my harsh treatment and homophobic disrepect against my gay neighbor down the street.

To summarise the commotion my Snowman and Snow woman where to white and resembled white superiority. Where a waste of food because I used a carrot and my personal favourite I assumed the genders of my creations, which was also sexist. At the end of the day I decided never to build a snowman again.

The fact that this never happened, but that there is probably someone out there who could actually think something like this in the real world exists is truly sad indeed, just like complaining about Bullet proof glass is just as sad as any of the scenarios in this sketch.

I saw almost the exact same story on Facebook yesterday.

It's based on that story without the purely Dutch statements. But it fitted perfectly within this thread. Since its just as stupid;)

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

SegataSanshiro said:
Locking the door to your home is racist!

Closing your door is racist. Your house should always be open to random people.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar