By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad: Philadelphia considers banning bulletproof glass because it’s racist

I'm almost sure this won't get voted in.

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Well I don't trust people and bullet proof glass does wonders for isolation. In other news a nice satirical story about me building a snowman. Because winter has finally come in The Netherlands.

I build a snowman this day at 8:00 clock.
Around 8:05 my feminist neighbour walked by asking why I made a snowman and not a snow woman and that I was sexist for making only a snowman. So I also made a snow woman and made them hold hands.

By 8:30 I was finally done making my snow woman and snow man holding hands. So at 8:45 the keeper of the daycare center down the street was offended by the breast size of my snow woman.

At 9:00 clock the gay neighbor down the street was offended that my snowman didn't include any kind of pro gay statement. Me being kind of done building snowmans said he was free to build a snowman besides mine and making then hold hands as well.

Within 1 hour my snowman was a hit topic on twitter and there where a plethora of YouTube videos claiming what was wrong with my creation and my harsh treatment and homophobic disrepect against my gay neighbor down the street.

To summarise the commotion my Snowman and Snow woman where to white and resembled white superiority. Where a waste of food because I used a carrot and my personal favourite I assumed the genders of my creations, which was also sexist. At the end of the day I decided never to build a snowman again.

The fact that this never happened, but that there is probably someone out there who could actually think something like this in the real world exists is truly sad indeed, just like complaining about Bullet proof glass is just as sad as any of the scenarios in this sketch.

Well, this is the world today in a nutshell. :D

Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:
Fuck you and your safety you punk ass bitch. Ohh you want your store to be safe and secure? Well fuck you and your store.

Bingo, nobody ever said the government was supposed to make you feel safe.

Also, the business owners are using glass to keep money away from people that need it. Now the criminals can take it, spend it, and the community will thrive.

Actually, it's the goverment's duty to protect it's citizens. The purpose of it's monopoly on violence.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Lawlight said:
monocle_layton said:

Jesus your post gave me a stroke. What are you saying?

Also, this is one councilwoman who is clearly on the minority. It's funny how the majority of these types of posts are always surrounding a few people who clearly spout bullshit. It's as redundant as making news articles about the few fatasses on 4chan who want a Muslim holocaust.

Instead of having your common overblown bullshit, change the title and have it be more honest. 

One councilwoman.... and 5 co-sponsors. It’s going to a committee and vote so,no, it’s not like 4chan. Maybe read the article first before you post, ok?

"But longtime Councilman David Oh isn’t supporting the Bass’s bill. 'I would just prefer the bulletproof glass,' he says. 'It’s transparent, as opposed to the person with the gun on the holster on the hip.'

Maybe you shouldn't be so condescending, ok?

Qwark said:

Well I don't trust people and bullet proof glass does wonders for isolation. In other news a nice satirical story about me building a snowman. Because winter has finally come in The Netherlands.

I build a snowman this day at 8:00 clock.
Around 8:05 my feminist neighbour walked by asking why I made a snowman and not a snow woman and that I was sexist for making only a snowman. So I also made a snow woman and made them hold hands.

By 8:30 I was finally done making my snow woman and snow man holding hands. So at 8:45 the keeper of the daycare center down the street was offended by the breast size of my snow woman.

At 9:00 clock the gay neighbor down the street was offended that my snowman didn't include any kind of pro gay statement. Me being kind of done building snowmans said he was free to build a snowman besides mine and making then hold hands as well.

Within 1 hour my snowman was a hit topic on twitter and there where a plethora of YouTube videos claiming what was wrong with my creation and my harsh treatment and homophobic disrepect against my gay neighbor down the street.

To summarise the commotion my Snowman and Snow woman where to white and resembled white superiority. Where a waste of food because I used a carrot and my personal favourite I assumed the genders of my creations, which was also sexist. At the end of the day I decided never to build a snowman again.

The fact that this never happened, but that there is probably someone out there who could actually think something like this in the real world exists is truly sad indeed, just like complaining about Bullet proof glass is just as sad as any of the scenarios in this sketch.

I saw almost the exact same story on Facebook yesterday.

So, this is going to be another one of those false/easily disproven headlines to provide an excuse for some shut-ins to complain about the feminists? God, really missed those

Edit: It was! http://6abc.com/business/bulletproof-glass-provision-pulled-from-stop-and-go-bill/2734741/

Last edited by Tulipanzo - on 10 December 2017

Around the Network

I once said I could find a way to make anything racist. Apparently, she thought it was a challenge.

It was.

She wins.

Ah more post-modern "leftist" insanity. Always provides some good comedy.

Yes, everyone should totally put themselves in danger of being shot. Otherwise they're racist.

Christ, where do they find these morons, off the streets?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I think every window in the US should be bulletproof since mass shootings are a daily occurrence and the sick gun obsession/lobby persists (even after Sandy Hook).

Nothing surprises me anymore.  World gone mad?  This world has always been mad, where have you been?

MrRoops said:

lol

soon they be painting folks because of their skin whiteness is offencive and racist.

Oh, you mean like when blacks weren't allowed to go to certain schools, eat at certain restaurants, use certain bathrooms, etc., simply because of their skin color?  Crazier things have happened, my friend.

Tulipanzo said:

So, this is going to be another one of those false/easily disproven headlines to provide an excuse for some shut-ins to complain about the feminists? God, really missed those

Edit: It was! http://6abc.com/business/bulletproof-glass-provision-pulled-from-stop-and-go-bill/2734741/

Call out the bullshit and they'll come back either way. Fucking annoying, but I just call them out and ignore it. Headline is clear clickbait (not the state, but a councilwoman), and yet he had a condescending response to my original post.

Not my issue however.