By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad: Philadelphia considers banning bulletproof glass because it’s racist

monocle_layton said:
Tulipanzo said:

So, this is going to be another one of those false/easily disproven headlines to provide an excuse for some shut-ins to complain about the feminists? God, really missed those

Edit: It was! http://6abc.com/business/bulletproof-glass-provision-pulled-from-stop-and-go-bill/2734741/

Call out the bullshit and they'll come back either way. Fucking annoying, but I just call them out and ignore it. Headline is clear clickbait (not the state, but a councilwoman), and yet he had a condescending response to my original post.

Not my issue however. 

Philadelphia is actually a city, Pennsylvania is the state.

Around the Network

Living in Philadelphia I can tell you that what she is touching on is class separation in the city. In Philadelphia, She is right, there should not be a situation where you go into a neighborhood and severed differently based on the racial demographic of the neighborhood. We are not criminals. I would, pay all my bills and expect to be treated like a person. Not like a criminal getting papers through 3 sheets of bullet proof glass. Its crazy on the faze of it. I live in a decent neighborhood. All of our households make 100k+ a year easily.. The very makeup of the individuals here has prompted a huge overreation in stores and shops. Its weird.

No one is attacking white people and not everything is about white men. Please stop. We are saying that we don't like how we are being treated in our neighborhood and that is what she is responding to. The city is obligated to make sure these neighborhoods are safe and our police for is responsive. You are at no more risk around us than anywhere else because of your preconceived notions of us.   The stores are just as safe here as anywhere with less black people.

Please don't internationalize this as some sort of attack against you. Believe me when I say this largely doesn't affect white store owners so really this isn't an anti white thing. Just listen.  A lot are you are offended for no reason.  

You would think a city council would have mentally sound people in it. Apparently that's not the case.

Sad thing is, a lot people in their CNN/sjw bubble will support this bullshit.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
You would think a city council would have mentally sound people in it. Apparently that's not the case.

Ah, I was waiting for a post like this.

VGPolyglot said:
monocle_layton said:

Call out the bullshit and they'll come back either way. Fucking annoying, but I just call them out and ignore it. Headline is clear clickbait (not the state, but a councilwoman), and yet he had a condescending response to my original post.

Not my issue however. 

Philadelphia is actually a city, Pennsylvania is the state.

Huh, don't know why I wrote state. My point stands regardless. 

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
flashfire926 said:

Just stating my honest opinion on this, that's all.

To OP: keep this series going, it's great. I also love the crazy far left reactions sometimes, they give me a good laugh.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

VGPolyglot said:
flashfire926 said:

I support this but no one hears anyone else except for who is in their bubble.  I expressed how we feel hear and was ignored.   No one ever hears people, we only look for things to attack each other over.   No one can even get out of their bubble to listen to the real issues from real people.  We hear something and then we go crazy trying to make this into some faux political attack.  

flashfire926 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Just stating my honest opinion on this, that's all.

To OP: keep this series going, it's great. I also love the crazy far left reactions sometimes, they give me a good laugh.

I'm glad you enjoy our presence

monocle_layton said:

Lawlight said:

One councilwoman.... and 5 co-sponsors. It’s going to a committee and vote so,no, it’s not like 4chan. Maybe read the article first before you post, ok?

"But longtime Councilman David Oh isn’t supporting the Bass’s bill. 'I would just prefer the bulletproof glass,' he says. 'It’s transparent, as opposed to the person with the gun on the holster on the hip.'

Maybe you shouldn't be so condescending, ok?

Also, this is one councilman who's clearly in the minority. It's funny how the majority of these types of posts are always surrounding a few people who clearly spout bullshit. 

Tulipanzo said:

So, this is going to be another one of those false/easily disproven headlines to provide an excuse for some shut-ins to complain about the feminists? God, really missed those

Edit: It was! http://6abc.com/business/bulletproof-glass-provision-pulled-from-stop-and-go-bill/2734741/

Edit: it was again! Updated at bottom of story - CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story said the bulletproof glass provision had been removed.

Article title now reads (correctly btw): Bulletproof glass provision amended in 'Stop and Go' bill in Philadelphia City Council

“A provision requiring the removal of bulletproof glass from so-called 'Stop and Go' stores in Philadelphia was amended before being passed on Monday by city council. Instead, the provision was amended to provide L&I a three-year time frame to create regulations regarding the use and removal of that glass.”

Obviously the councilwoman is not the minority and the headline was not disproved. Philly is apparently moving forward with this policy,

Locking the door to your home is racist!