By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad: Philadelphia considers banning bulletproof glass because it’s racist

“It’s an indignity” to make purchases through such a window, said City Councilwoman Cindy Bass in this Philadelphia Inquirer article. Bass and others believe the windows represent race and class differences and a “symbol of distrust.” She, along with five co-sponsors, has proposed a bill requiring shopkeepers to remove their windows and if the bill receives a majority support in a scheduled committee meeting today it will head for a full vote on Dec. 14.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-small-business/wp/2017/12/04/philadelphia-is-considering-whether-to-ban-barrier-windows-inside-shops/?utm_term=.1a38482cfccb

I haven’t made one of those in a while but this is just too insane.

Around the Network

lol

soon they be painting folks because of their skin whiteness is offencive and racist.

MrRoops said:
lol

soon they be painting folks because of their skin whiteness is offencive and racist.

Jesus your post gave me a stroke. What are you saying?

Also, this is one councilwoman who is clearly on the minority. It's funny how the majority of these types of posts are always surrounding a few people who clearly spout bullshit. It's as redundant as making news articles about the few fatasses on 4chan who want a Muslim holocaust.

Instead of having your common overblown bullshit, change the title and have it be more honest. 

Fuck you and your safety you punk ass bitch. Ohh you want your store to be safe and secure? Well fuck you and your store.

Well I don't trust people and bullet proof glass does wonders for isolation. In other news a nice satirical story about me building a snowman. Because winter has finally come in The Netherlands.

I build a snowman this day at 8:00 clock.
Around 8:05 my feminist neighbour walked by asking why I made a snowman and not a snow woman and that I was sexist for making only a snowman. So I also made a snow woman and made them hold hands.

By 8:30 I was finally done making my snow woman and snow man holding hands. So at 8:45 the keeper of the daycare center down the street was offended by the breast size of my snow woman.

At 9:00 clock the gay neighbor down the street was offended that my snowman didn't include any kind of pro gay statement. Me being kind of done building snowmans said he was free to build a snowman besides mine and making then hold hands as well.

Within 1 hour my snowman was a hit topic on twitter and there where a plethora of YouTube videos claiming what was wrong with my creation and my harsh treatment and homophobic disrepect against my gay neighbor down the street.

To summarise the commotion my Snowman and Snow woman where to white and resembled white superiority. Where a waste of food because I used a carrot and my personal favourite I assumed the genders of my creations, which was also sexist. At the end of the day I decided never to build a snowman again.

The fact that this never happened, but that there is probably someone out there who could actually think something like this in the real world exists is truly sad indeed, just like complaining about Bullet proof glass is just as sad as any of the scenarios in this sketch.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
MrRoops said:
lol

Jesus your post gave me a stroke. What are you saying?

Also, this is one councilwoman who is clearly on the minority. It's funny how the majority of these types of posts are always surrounding a few people who clearly spout bullshit. It's as redundant as making news articles about the few fatasses on 4chan who want a Muslim holocaust.

Instead of having your common overblown bullshit, change the title and have it be more honest. 

One councilwoman.... and 5 co-sponsors. It’s going to a committee and vote so,no, it’s not like 4chan. Maybe read the article first before you post, ok?

Ka-pi96 said:
huh, and I thought mental sanity would have been a requirement for somebody to be on the city council. Apparently not...

What? Did you miss how trump became president? 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Bulletproof glass is not racist, its simply reflects a shitty community.

If you ever go to a store with locked up liquor, laundry soap, or shaving items, thats a reminder youre in a shitty area.

Up next, the bars on windows hate people of color as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Peh said:
Ka-pi96 said:
huh, and I thought mental sanity would have been a requirement for somebody to be on the city council. Apparently not...

What? Did you miss how trump became president? 

He was deemed more sane than the paranoid woman blaming everybody for her loss.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

bananaking21 said:
Fuck you and your safety you punk ass bitch. Ohh you want your store to be safe and secure? Well fuck you and your store.

Bingo, nobody ever said the government was supposed to make you feel safe.

Also, the business owners are using glass to keep money away from people that need it. Now the criminals can take it, spend it, and the community will thrive.

Recently Completed