By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

The percentages are correct. We were all just sold a pack of lies by WCL last year it seems throwing off the end result. I would have said be sensible and wait for next Thursday too, but it looks like the cat is too far out of the bag.

Around the Network

I believe these numbers were debunked, but I hope xbox one and ps4 outsells the switch. Just so I can tease rol a little bit.

zorg1000 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:
IF the numbers are true, then launches aligned the PS4 should be comfortably ahead of the Switch right?

After 9 months

PS4-3.75m

XBO-3.05m

3DS-2.45m

Wii U-1.20m

NSW-~3.40m

The PS4 was only available for 2 weeks in November compared to the Switch's full month.

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

After 9 months

PS4-3.75m

XBO-3.05m

3DS-2.45m

Wii U-1.20m

NSW-~3.40m

The PS4 was only available for 2 weeks in November compared to the Switch's full month.

Your point?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

KLAMarine said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:

It's easy to find here in Texas, nearly every store has 10-15 after bf week

You visited nearly every store in Texas?

If you check Brickseek it seems every retailer has at least a dozen in stock. The system is plenty available. It's still selling well enough though. 

Around the Network

Congrats to the big 3!

It has already been proven these numbers were wrong. Why are so many people taking them seriously? They are not fake but the algorithms came from old, incorrect numbers, thus throwing the formulas off. By how much, we don't know. Mat from NPD said to wait for the official numbers but he also said something along the lines of "The Switch won't be as low as you seem to think it is".

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
It has already been proven these numbers were wrong. Why are so many people taking them seriously? They are not fake but the algorithms came from old, incorrect numbers, thus throwing the formulas off. By how much, we don't know. Mat from NPD said to wait for the official numbers but he also said something along the lines of "The Switch won't be as low as you seem to think it is".

Can you link me that?

As far as I can read into it, the numbers will only be 100-150k different, and Switch is still under 1m.... so I know theres an element of, numbers are fake etc, but the overall picture is still the same.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

peachbuggy said:

Yeah, I was definitely surprised by these comparably low numbers. I expect it to do much better sales wise.