By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

flashfire926 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

We are just armchair analysts bro, don't be so mean!

about our bet..... congratulations. you correctly predicted this. well earned.(there is still December mod remaining, but Xbox has little to no chance of winning that so the win is basically yours now)

edit: I'm hearing the numbers are wrong, what is all that about?

Thanks bro!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
pokoko said:

Which is funny, because I was downvoted in the VGC article for saying "Online is only half the equation."

Every single post that wasn't praising Nintendo sales got massively downvoted, even when made as an answer to another post... I even suspect the return of the NDF parallel group.

Who?

Acevil said:
peachbuggy said:
It has already been proven these numbers were wrong. Why are so many people taking them seriously? They are not fake but the algorithms came from old, incorrect numbers, thus throwing the formulas off. By how much, we don't know. Mat from NPD said to wait for the official numbers but he also said something along the lines of "The Switch won't be as low as you seem to think it is".

Can you link me that?

I would love to but i understand the thread has been deleted from ResetEra. I read uwp to about page 23. Mat seemed bullish on the Switch and whilst not saying the numbers were fake, explained that they weren't official, that we should wait for the official numbers and that they certainly wouldn't be the same as the leak. He was understandably coy though, given his position etc.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

So like I said in the locked thread. Let’s wait for the official numbers. I expect the order to be the same but the switch higher.

Madword said:
As far as I can read into it, the numbers will only be 100-150k different, and Switch is still under 1m.... so I know theres an element of, numbers are fake etc, but the overall picture is still the same.

Well, there's also the fact that people perceive things how they want to. I'm pretty sure i'm guilty of that too. From what i saw, there was no indication of how far the numbers were off, just peoples' opinions/preferences. Not sure how many of them, if any have any insider info. The numbers and even the order could be off massively as far as we know. By those in the know, (Mat, NPD) they weren't even ballpark figures.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
So ... The numbers are wrong but the order is still the same, throws off a bit of the harsh narrative that some people had made up,lol

From what i got from it, not necessarily.

Anybody who says stock was a issue for switch in November, it making up shit, and should be be giving a warning or banned.

peachbuggy said:
Madword said:
As far as I can read into it, the numbers will only be 100-150k different, and Switch is still under 1m.... so I know theres an element of, numbers are fake etc, but the overall picture is still the same.

Well, there's also the fact that people perceive things how they want to. I'm pretty sure i'm guilty of that too. From what i saw, there was no indication of how far the numbers were off, just peoples' opinions/preferences. Not sure how many of them, if any have any insider info. The numbers and even the order could be off massively as far as we know. By those in the know, (Mat, NPD) they weren't even ballpark figures.

I dont think Matt commented on the numbers except for the numbers posted by that one site going on about how many XBX were sold. He also mentioned that the previous years figures were incorrect... but overall we're talking probably PS4 sold more, Xbox sold slightly less and Switch sold a little bit more, but all in, sounds like nothing really changes except gaps grow a little. 

As you say I guess people will try and see something more positive for their own agenda in the numbers, but I cant see how that would really change that much, the order is still the same.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

So... still no numbers?

quickrick said:
Anybody who says stock was a issue for switch in November, it making up shit, and should be be giving a warning or banned.

As should you for your consistent bias and antagonistic posting.