By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

ThisGuyFooks said:
peachbuggy said:

I think it was said that he was talking about the whole numbers in general. Again,it may be my personal agenda showing but i got the impression he was implying the actual Switch numbers would be substantially higher. I don't think  any concrete numbers exist yet, otherwise 1 of the big 3 would have made a statement about it by now.

So you don't believe the order in which the consoles supposedly ended? Or are you arguing about the numbers only?

That's a tough 1. It didn't appear to be false from what people were saying, just an outright wrong equation,plus nothing official. Personally i would be more inclined to believe the order than the numbers, given the information available to me on that thread.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
pokoko said:
KLAMarine said:

I don't think the Adobe report took brick and mortar into consideration.

Which is funny, because I was downvoted in the VGC article for saying "Online is only half the equation."

No wonder you were downvoted. Online is more like 20% the equation

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

RJ_Sizzle said:
KLAMarine said:

You visited nearly every store in Texas?

If you check Brickseek it seems every retailer has at least a dozen in stock. The system is plenty available. It's still selling well enough though. 

How was it the week after BF?

KLAMarine said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

If you check Brickseek it seems every retailer has at least a dozen in stock. The system is plenty available. It's still selling well enough though. 

available  for purchase at every major retailer online, except amazon. plenty of stock.

Shikamo said:

I'm confused, that numbers were confirmed? some peoples say yes others says its fake i'm very confused :P

PS: if that is true Ps4 and x1 made a amazing month

Some numbers are wrong. What we had before said the industry was 40% up YoY, so people used the numbers from last year... which might've been wrong. Somewhere along the equation there are wrong estimates, so the totals were wrong.

Kinda makes me doubt the 2:1 rate between Switch and PS4 too. But who knows. I dont

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

All 3 sold great. Looks like the PS4 sold more, pushing up the Switches half. There is no way MS are unhappy with above 1.4m. Nintendo would probably have liked 150k more to break a million, but have made serious profit with no discounts.

Without more sub $200 consoles from the other 2, switch might well win December NPD. Nobody is crying on the top floors of these corporations towers.

quickrick said:
KLAMarine said:

available  for purchase at every major retailer online, except amazon. plenty of stock.

How many times are you going to repeat the same thing?

acdcste said:
quickrick said:

people keep making up shit, to make excuses, hopefully they can stop. otherwise i will keep correcting.

KLAMarine said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

Units were available then as they are now. Not that it meant anything for Nov NPD since the deadline was the Saturday after BF. 

quickrick said:
acdcste said:

people keep making up shit, to make excuses, hopefully they can stop. otherwise i will keep correcting.

Where is your evidence to say it isn’t? Actual evidence by the way not just you saying it isn’t hard to come by? And for me switch numbers are fine for a system that’s not got a discount applied. Plus the number is low anyway and will be higher when we get the actual numbers next Thursday.