By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

ThisGuyFooks said:
IF the numbers are true, then launches aligned the PS4 should be comfortably ahead of the Switch right?

After 9 months

PS4-3.75m

XBO-3.05m

3DS-2.45m

Wii U-1.20m

NSW-~3.40m

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
SuperNova said:

So Ps4 won as expected, but I honestly didn't think the Xbox oneX would do this great, despite reports of it's successfull launch. I also thought Switch and Xbox would be much closer in numbers than they (probably) are.

I don't know...assuming those numbers include months of pre-orders I'd even say many people, including MS, expected more. A lot of those X1 numbers are clearly X1S models for 189,-. November was a traditional winning month for MS in the US. To NOT win in X1X launch month surely must pain them, if it appears to be true. 

I'm assuming around 500K are X1X including pre-orders...If that is so I don't think MS are too happy about it, whatever they state officially.

jason1637 said:
Jaxyfoo said:

Don't take that seriously Jason, it has been shown to be a pack of lies from the usual suspects, and mod deleted on resetera.

Thanks for the heads up.

OP: The PS4 and XBO did great. Looks like they had their best November In the US. Switch did good too but i expected it to at least be above a million units. December should be a pretty interesting month with no $200 PS4 and PUBG+ 1X momentum. I expect Switch to come last this month again and could See the XBO closing the gap between the Switch to outsell it for the year in the US.

I think this month, the Xbox One X will be a non factor tho.

Now that it doesn't have Pre-Orders to back it up, the S will remain the key to move high amount of units.

The X is ranked at No. 41 in Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074WPGYRF/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1512756567&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox%2Bone%2Bx&th=1

My prediction remains the same, Xbox will end the year with 0-12 NPD's.

Shocked that PS4 is double the Switch, especially when the PS4 had stock issues and Switch didn't. I predicted XBO > PS4 > Switch, I thought the X would swing it Microsoft's way. I did know switch would come last though, due to not having a pricecut.
People knock Prachter but there's a lot of worse analysts here on VGC, see all those here that predicted that switch would win black friday for example.

I would of predicted switch #1 for december but these numbers make me reassess that

zorg1000 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:
IF the numbers are true, then launches aligned the PS4 should be comfortably ahead of the Switch right?

After 9 months

PS4-3.75m

XBO-3.05m

3DS-2.45m

Wii U-1.20m

NSW-~3.40m

Thanks bro!

Around the Network
DaveTheMinion13 said:
TheBraveGallade said:

I mean the switch is still barely in stock.

They say that its only on amazon, but then they forget how big amazon actually is.

It's easy to find here in Texas, nearly every store has 10-15 after bf week

You visited nearly every store in Texas?

GProgrammer said:

Shocked that PS4 is double the Switch, especially when the PS4 had stock issues and Switch didn't. I predicted XBO > PS4 > Switch, I thought the X would swing it Microsoft's way. I did know switch would come last though, due to not having a pricecut.
People knock Prachter but there's a lot of worse analysts here on VGC, see all those here that predicted that switch would win black friday for example.

I would of predicted switch #1 for december but these numbers make me reassess that

We are just armchair analysts bro, don't be so mean!

ThisGuyFooks said:
jason1637 said:

Thanks for the heads up.

OP: The PS4 and XBO did great. Looks like they had their best November In the US. Switch did good too but i expected it to at least be above a million units. December should be a pretty interesting month with no $200 PS4 and PUBG+ 1X momentum. I expect Switch to come last this month again and could See the XBO closing the gap between the Switch to outsell it for the year in the US.

I think this month, the Xbox One X will be a non factor tho.

Now that it doesn't have Pre-Orders to back it up, the S will remain the key to move high amount of units.

The X is ranked at No. 41 in Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074WPGYRF/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1512756567&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox%2Bone%2Bx&th=1

My prediction remains the same, Xbox will end the year with 0-12 NPD's.

I think the X will do more than the Pro did in its first December so 240k+ which is pretty good for a $500 console. Not sure if the XBO will be the best selling console in December though. I think PS4 will take the month but the sales should be good overall for PS4 and XBO.

zorg1000 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

After 9 months

PS4-3.75m

XBO-3.05m

3DS-2.45m

Wii U-1.20m

NSW-~3.40m

The March vs November launches make these kind of comparison really hard. The most interesting point will be 12 months vs 12 months. I don't think Switch's December numbers will be enough for it to catch the PS4's first year though. Edit: Kinda forgot this was only US and seeing your other post, yes it will catch up.

Edit: Also, everytime I see NSW, my mind reads Not Safe For Work.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 08 December 2017

Signature goes here!

ThisGuyFooks said:
zorg1000 said:

After 9 months

PS4-3.75m

XBO-3.05m

3DS-2.45m

Wii U-1.20m

NSW-~3.40m

Thanks bro!

After 10 months

PS4-3.95m

Switch should easily take the lead next month though.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.