By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

Errorist76 said:
Can someone please explain to me why the other thread was locked?!

Double threads and boutros normally does these threads and provides data in better format.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:

Probably because Boutros is normally the official NPD guy at VGC.

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
ThisGuyFooks said:
The Switch did great, it was wise to keep the full price in my opinion.

The console is super hot and the stock is not that high, so why lower the income when it was going to sell out regardless?

The stock is readily available(retail). It is doubtful it sold out for the month of november.

It didn't sold out, but every shipment sold almost immediately and then restocked.

The pace was almost equivalent.

ThisGuyFooks said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

The stock is readily available(retail). It is doubtful it sold out for the month of november.

It didn't sold out, but every shipment sold almost immediately and then restocked.

The pace was almost equivalent.

I have doubts with that basing on the retail musings during black friday.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

I posted here several times that people who were predicting the Switch on top or the X1 (due to X1X launch) were massively underestimating the effect that the PS4 price cut would had. Even with reports about the stocks disappearing, people still doubted.

Amazing PS4 numbers, really out of this world. X1 also did amazingly well, MS actually almost won this month (which is impressive because Sony did really well). I'm curious about how many X1 sales are from the X1X and the S. While it was the X launch, I think that the 189 price point of the S can actually surprise many people.

Switch was also pretty good. Could've been much better if they had stock. But I guess only on FY18 this will normalize. Even with these issues, it will be one of the best first years ever for a console.

With all 3 platforms selling like that, I wonder if this year, or at least this Holiday season won't break any record for the console market.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Errorist76 said:

Double threads and boutros normally does these threads and provides data in better format.

Pretty much my exact reasoning here

Yeah, the $199 1tb ps4 slim really did the trick which makes me question why Sony haven't kept that price for December.

Angelv577 said:
Yeah, the $199 1tb ps4 slim did the trick which makes me question why Sony haven't kept that price for December.

They try to put focus on PSVR and Pro now, that's why they are being discounted for the holidays.

Also the PS4 sold out so fast at that price and they reached their target, as it seems. Winning NPD in X1X launch month.

IF the numbers are true, then launches aligned the PS4 should be comfortably ahead of the Switch right?

Im curious about WW numbers for the PS4, i just cant believe how there are still people thinking that it wont reach 100m units sold

So Ps4 won as expected, but I honestly didn't think the Xbox oneX would do this great, despite reports of it's successfull launch. I also thought Switch and Xbox would be much closer in numbers than they (probably) are.

Anyways incredible Numbers for PS4, the 199$ pricepoint really opens up a new market segment and that + 50$ giftcard was an incredible deal.
Presumably great numbers for the Xbox as well and solid numbers for Switch especially considering that it didn't get any discount (according to Zhuge it probably did 800k+).