By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG: The battle comes to console, only on Xbox One.

Go ahead and say what you want but this was a good business decision by MS.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

I would rather it on PC to be honest (Waiting on a Steam sale).
It looks and plays better there... And I am not limited to a crappy 1080P resolution @ 30fps.

Hopefully it ends up on Switch and Playstation too.

If 30 fps is a problem then why do you care if it comes to PlayStation and Switch?

Wanting 60 fps is valid reason to stick with PC, but not if you wanna play with gamepad and compete with others using the same. Hence, part of the appeal of consoles.

X1X will be higher than 1080p, for what its worth.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

If 30 fps is a problem then why do you care if it comes to PlayStation and Switch?

So everyone has a chance to play it?

Mr Puggsly said:

Wanting 60 fps is valid reason to stick with PC, but not if you wanna play with gamepad and compete with others using the same. Hence, part of the appeal of consoles.

Yeah... Happy to have a keyboard and mouse.

Mr Puggsly said:

I have an Xbox One X. - It doesn't output higher than 1080P on my 1440P/2k/Quad-HD display.
Hence why I would rather it on PC.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

smroadkill15 said:
Go ahead and say what you want but this was a good business decision by MS.

I don't think people are arguing that.

People just get upset when MS throws money at deals, depriving them of notable content they're entitled too.

I said it before and I'll say it, be glad its just timed. The worst deals for consumers keep games exclusive.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So everyone has a chance to play it?

Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah... Happy to have a keyboard and mouse.

Mr Puggsly said:

I have an Xbox One X. - It doesn't output higher than 1080P on my 1440P/2k/Quad-HD display.
Hence why I would rather it on PC.

Its just funny you complain about 1080p and 30 fps... then follow it up by hoping more people can experience that. I don't know what else to say, its funny.

I'm happy for you. But if you want the K+B experience, I wouldn't recommend this on a console.

Ah, I assume the 1440p support hasn't been added YET. Amazing that requires additional work.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Its just funny you complain about 1080p and 30 fps... then follow it up by hoping more people can experience that. I don't know what else to say, its funny.

Why is it funny? It's not me experiencing that. Some people aren't as picky about resolution, framerate and graphics as I am... And that is okay.

Mr Puggsly said:

Ah, I assume the 1440p support hasn't been added YET. Amazing that requires additional work.

Indeed it hasn't. Poor form on Microsoft's behalf.
I was hoping the update today might have enabled the functionality, but it hasn't.
Microsoft hasn't given any solid dates, might not happen for 12 months for all I know... And until such a time that they do rollout 1440P support on their "4k console"... It will be no more than a glorified 1080P box to me... And will thus draw my criticism.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm happy for you. But if you want the K+B experience, I wouldn't recommend this on a console.

Obviously.
Although... A Gamepad feels like I am stuck in a wheelchair, I am happy to use it if I have to.

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Why is it funny? It's not me experiencing that. Some people aren't as picky about resolution, framerate and graphics as I am... And that is okay.

Mr Puggsly said:

Indeed it hasn't. Poor form on Microsoft's behalf.
I was hoping the update today might have enabled the functionality, but it hasn't.
Microsoft hasn't given any solid dates, might not happen for 12 months for all I know... And until such a time that they do rollout 1440P support on their "4k console"... It will be no more than a glorified 1080P box to me... And will thus draw my criticism.

Mr Puggsly said:

Obviously.
Although... A Gamepad feels like I am stuck in a wheelchair, I am happy to use it if I have to.

I don't know why you're missing the irony, but lets move on.

Well its a more polished 1080p between more games actually hitting 1080p or higher, supersampling, 16x AF, performance boosts, no screen tear on unpatched games, etc. So you're still getting some benefits of the higher native resolutions.

Right, people always say a gamepad is handicap but that doesn't make sense when all players are using a gamepad. If everybody is handicapped then there is no handicap.

Recently Completed

I was going to get this on Steam and have the K/M support, however I might just try this on the X.

Mr Puggsly said:

I don't know why you're missing the irony, but lets move on.

It would be ironic if I intended to buy/play it on another console, but hoping for other gamers to get the chance to play a game on another platform is not ironic or wrong.

Mr Puggsly said:

Well its a more polished 1080p between more games actually hitting 1080p or higher, supersampling, 16x AF, performance boosts, no screen tear on unpatched games, etc. So you're still getting some benefits of the higher native resolutions.

* Not all Xbox One X games get 16x Anisotropic Filtering. (I have it enforced at 16x on my PC by default.)

* An image that is super sampled down to 1080P and then upscaled/stretched to my displays native resolution still looks like ass whichever way you cut the cake. - I would know. I tried it. ;)

* 60fps > 30fps. Not even up for debate.

You don't need to try and sell me on the Xbox One X, I have already bought one, so you are wasting your time in justifying it's Pro's and Con's, I already know them.

Mr Puggsly said:

Right, people always say a gamepad is handicap but that doesn't make sense when all players are using a gamepad. If everybody is handicapped then there is no handicap.

A gamepad isn't a handicap if everyone is using one.
But compared to a keyboard and mouse it's accuracy and speed is simply inferior, hence why it feels like you are stuck in a wheelchair.
It becomes more pronounced in twitch/competitive shooters like Doom/Overwatch of course and less of a hindrance in something slower paced like Skyrim.

Azzanation said:
I was going to get this on Steam and have the K/M support, however I might just try this on the X.

If you supposedly have a capable PC and you dont have this game already, i dont think you are interested at all in it.

Why dont you buy a game that actually got your attention?