By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG: The battle comes to console, only on Xbox One.

ThisGuyFooks said:
hudsoniscool said:

As good as pubg is, when rockstar, Ubisoft, ea, activision, Sony, and ms make a knockoff they won't be able to compete. There's going to be clones everywhere and u will start seeing them by e3. Pubg has its most value till those start popping up. 

But that doesn't mean ms can't ride the gravy train for a while.

Apparently, Fortnite is giving them a run for their money.

I know. Imagine when the big publishers throw a 100$ million stab at it.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
Snoopy said:

No, games as a service has a lot more longevity and potential money in the long run than single player games from obsidian. They will make billions from Micro-transactions. Just look at the most played games right now on Steam, PSN and XBL. They are games as a service that make a shit load of money. That is why we haven't seen a GTA6 announcement or trailer. GTA5 is making a shit load of money being a game as a service.

As good as pubg is, when rockstar, Ubisoft, ea, activision, Sony, and ms make a knockoff they won't be able to compete. There's going to be clones everywhere and u will start seeing them by e3. Pubg has its most value till those start popping up. 

People said the same shit about Minecraft, Halo, COD, Star Craft, WoW,  Ect and that didn't happened. The reason is because people prefer big brand names. Same rules apply to many things like soda for example. There is a lot of knock offs of coca cola, but they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Another shooter.

I plan  to buy PUBG on XBOX.  

I will wait for the ps4 version.

Around the Network

Seems kinda weird to make a thread about this. Haven't we known this for some time now? It's kinda like that meme with Slowpoke reporting the news

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Snoopy said:
hudsoniscool said:

People said the same shit about Minecraft, Halo, COD, Star Craft, WoW,  Ect and that didn't happened. The reason is because people prefer big brand names. Same rules apply to many things like soda for example. There is a lot of knock offs of coca cola, but they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

The only one that applies there in my opinion is halo. Mainstreamed console shooters, and it did happen to halo. It's not nearly as popular anymore. My point is though that one(or all) of those big publishers will do it better. Pubg took off and they now have the money to fund adding a bunch of maps, modes(like 50vs50, or zombies). But at its core it's got a shitty engine and that won't change. Have you played it? It's fantastic but that's almost entirely because of the idea of it, an idea that anyone can copy. The graphics are ok on max, there's tons of jank and other issues, and it's doesn't have the best shooter feel in the world. It's all in the idea. 

Im not downplaying it, ever since I played it on my friends pc, I've been waiting and watching streams. I think it will (unless disaster) have a massive impact on consoles. Could be a driving force for Xbox for a few months till PS4 version comes around. All my Xbox buddies are waiting for it. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

This will not be a console exclusive for long. That being said, they out to milk it for all it's worth.

I would rather it on PC to be honest (Waiting on a Steam sale).
It looks and plays better there... And I am not limited to a crappy 1080P resolution @ 30fps.

Hopefully it ends up on Switch and Playstation too.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

LivingMetal said:
Another shooter.

Huh, didn't notice until you mentioned it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)