By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG: The battle comes to console, only on Xbox One.

Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

No man, I’m sorry...this is a multi billion dollar franchise. MS don’t have enough money to get Bluehole to keep their hands off the by far leading console this gen. They’d be stupid to do that. 

Microsoft already spent billions of dollars on Minecraft, Gears of war, simplygon and havoc this generation regarding buyouts. They have the money to invest in what they see fit. If MS owned pubg along with minecraft they will be the number 1 publisher in terms of game popularity by far.

Again...Bluepoint has a 20 year plan for the franchise as recently stated. They are not stupid enough to sell the game to Microsoft, the least successful console brand of them all.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

Microsoft already spent billions of dollars on Minecraft, Gears of war, simplygon and havoc this generation regarding buyouts. They have the money to invest in what they see fit. If MS owned pubg along with minecraft they will be the number 1 publisher in terms of game popularity by far.

Again...Bluepoint has a 20 year plan for the franchise as recently stated. They are not stupid enough to sell the game to Microsoft, the least successful console brand of them all.

LOL Minecraft creators had a plan that went out the window once they received a couple billion dollars. Money talks bullshit walks. Also, Nintendo is the least popular console still. MS has both xbox and windows pc.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 08 December 2017

hudsoniscool said:
Errorist76 said:

Because it is?!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/10/microsoft_is_trying_to_keep_pubg_off_ps4_for_longer

Does not say Microsoft paid for timed exclusivity, perhaps the agreement was just Microsoft helps with development and promoting if they get 'insert timeframe' exclusivity. Also does does not say it's coming to PS4 next year either, however likely it shouldn't be stated as fact.

I don’t know...some people just are able to count 1 + 1 together, or do you honestly think Bluepoint would do that for free?!

Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

LOL Minecraft creators had a plan that went out the window once they received a couple billion dollars. Money talks bullshit walks. Also, Nintendo is the least popular console still. MS is has both xbox and windows pc.

Speculate all you want, we’ll all see next year. Mark my words.

Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

LOL Minecraft creators had a plan that went out the window once they received a couple billion dollars. Money talks bullshit walks. Also, Nintendo is the least popular console still. MS has both xbox and windows pc.

Never said it won't show up on PS4, but I'm saying don't count on it either until it's there. MS is known to do take overs and buyouts.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

LOL Minecraft creators had a plan that went out the window once they received a couple billion dollars. Money talks bullshit walks. Also, Nintendo is the least popular console still. MS is has both xbox and windows pc.

Microsoft would be dumb to buy them just for pubg. It's a great game and could potentially sell 50 million copies on pc, maybe even 10 million on Xbox if it's just as popular there. But in 2 or 3 years these kind of games will be everywhere. It would probably cost a billion $ to buy lifetime exclusive. Money would be better spent buying playground + obsidian or something. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Snoopy said:

Microsoft would be dumb to buy them just for pubg. It's a great game and could potentially sell 50 million copies on pc, maybe even 10 million on Xbox if it's just as popular there. But in 2 or 3 years these kind of games will be everywhere. It would probably cost a billion $ to buy lifetime exclusive. Money would be better spent buying playground + obsidian or something. 

No, games as a service has a lot more longevity and potential money in the long run than single player games from obsidian. They will make billions from Micro-transactions. Just look at the most played games right now on Steam, PSN and XBL. They are games as a service that make a shit load of money. That is why we haven't seen a GTA6 announcement or trailer. GTA5 is making a shit load of money being a game as a service.

Errorist76 said:

Fake news.

We know MS tried to pay them to keep it off PS4 but they wisely refused. They did pay them for a certain timed exclusivity though.

Game will also come to PS4 in 2018.

MS paid $$$$$ > PUBG Sales from PS4?????????

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

Never said it won't show up on PS4, but I'm saying don't count on it either until it's there. MS is known to do take overs and buyouts.

Could’ve sworn I read something like this in the thread title. 

And no, MS as well would not be wise to invest billions on a franchise that could easily be dead in 2 years time, or has competition by Fortnight already. It’s not even said the game will work on console or fascinate people in the same way it’s did on PC. Many other, huge PC MP titles have failed miserably, because it simply didn’t translate to consoles.

Not sure about this game but the developer is reportedly making a PS4/Switch game separate of pubg.