By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG: The battle comes to console, only on Xbox One.

Why are people always so salty when Microsoft has an exclusive, even if it's timed.

Around the Network
Kaneman! said:
Why are people always so salty when Microsoft has an exclusive, even if it's timed.

I think people have issues how they word their timed exclusives or how they try to hold off games from other consoles. I think people dont have many issues if you fund the game and get timed exclusivity/full exclusivity a la dead rising 3 and 4. But what they did with Rise of the Tomb Raider then ofcourse you get backlash.

I dont think people are salty Microsoft having exclusives. Microsoft just need to build their own exclusive or fund some second party and not to try pay developers to keep games that are in development or already out away from competitors. In this PUBG case ofcourse the game preview program plays some part why its timed exclusive.

Sony is responsible doing this as well, but I think Microsoft is slightly worse. I hate when companies try to hold off third party games from other platforms.

Errorist76 said:
adisababa said:
This thread is quite toxic, well no matter, pubg from what we know so far is a console exclusive, it's been marketed as such, there have been no plans for it coming to the ps4 so far. bluehole is intent on Xbox and then mobile.

So yes from what we know so far, Xbox is the only console to be getting the game.

No it hasn’t, it’s just deceptive wording by Microsoft.

It’s a console launch exclusive....meaning it’s timed! No matter what you guys want to state otherwise.

The only thing that is console exclusive is the time of XBox game preview.

How's it deceptive?

The game is coming to Xbox One on the 12th and won't be on any other console so it's a console exclusive. Could it come to PS4? Yeah it can but we don't know if it will.

I did not know this would be an exclusive.

Well played Microsoft.

RoboTin said: 

I think people have issues how they word their timed exclusives or how they try to hold off games from other consoles. I think people dont have many issues if you fund the game and get timed exclusivity/full exclusivity a la dead rising 3 and 4. But what they did with Rise of the Tomb Raider then ofcourse you get backlash.

I dont think people are salty Microsoft having exclusives. Microsoft just need to build their own exclusive or fund some second party and not to try pay developers to keep games that are in development or already out away from competitors. In this PUBG case ofcourse the game preview program plays some part why its timed exclusive.

Sony is responsible doing this as well, but I think Microsoft is slightly worse. I hate when companies try to hold off third party games from other platforms.

I just find it ironic. On one hand, people are saying "Lol Microsoft 0 exclusives" and on the other hand the same people are saying "Not an exclusive, it'll come to [platform] later" or "Not an exclusive it's also on PC". Whatever it is, it's just negative towards Xbox.

I don't see the problem with timed exclusivity at all. If full exclusivity is fine, then timed should be even less of a problem. As a gamer, you can wait off the exclusivity and buy it at the time it reaches your console. As for the term used for it, I don't see how it's any issue? It's not deceptive marketing, it's effective marketing. Why would you portray it as a timed exclusive if you don't have to? Until it drops on the other platform, it's exclusive.

Around the Network
Pillertriller said:
adisababa said:
This thread is quite toxic, well no matter, pubg from what we know so far is a console exclusive, it's been marketed as such, there have been no plans for it coming to the ps4 so far. bluehole is intent on Xbox and then mobile.

So yes from what we know so far, Xbox is the only console to be getting the game.

Only the beta is exclusive to the xbone aka the preview edition. I should prefer to wait for the final version, than paying M$ money for a beta. Lol

Or you can buy the Game Preview version and play it for months and then not have to pay for the final version. Seems like a win/win.

Kaneman! said:
Whatever it is, it's just negative towards Xbox.

Welcome to teh Chartz.

For now*

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

LivingMetal said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Huh, didn't notice until you mentioned it.

Of course. It's quite expected and common on an Xbox platform.

As opposed to Switch?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Errorist76 said:
tripenfall said:
It's good to see a console exclusive for XBOX.
They will need plenty more of this to convince people to shell out for an XBOX One X.

There is just one problem...it ISN’T console exclusive to XBox One!

Breaking news, Errorist76 has just confirmed MS lied.

PUBG will launch on PS4 and Switch the same day as X1.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Good for Xbox, I suppose, but it'll be bad for PUBG in the end. They're going to end up losing to Fortnite in the long run.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames