By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Megaton: $199 PS VR WITH GT SPORTS AND A 349 Pro

It almost seemed like the top dog of the current gaming gem was really just laying back and not doing much to push it’s console, at least at the same level of aggression that Microsoft and Nintendo were pushing their systems this holiday season. It now turns out they OFFICIALLY aren’t going to just lay back and lose market share! 

Sony has dropped the 4k ps4 to 350 to compete with the 4K Xbox at 500 bucks! 

Also Sony is dropping the PS VR to just 199 WITH GT SPORTS! 

How is is this going to affect their holiday sales? Rumor has it they are going to bring back the 199 ps4 for a week before the big 25!

mM
Around the Network

DAMM, time to get a PSVR as soon as possible, RE7 is so damm good.

A psvr, the camera and GT sports is just a stealth for $199.

Also I'm in Australia and Amazon USA delivers here for just $30 extra for shipping and NO TAX.

How well will it do for the holidays? Well, Switch beat it on Black Friday (or, at least that's what I read) while being twice the price. So, there's probably no beating Nintendo outside of EU. As far Xbox X, it's too early to tell. We need to wait until the launch window is over but I think PS4 should have it beaten handedly no matter what.

The price drops will help, but I don't think it's going to be some massive, earth shattering thing.

AlfredoTurkey said:
How well will it do for the holidays? Well, Switch beat it on Black Friday (or, at least that's what I read) while being twice the price. So, there's probably no beating Nintendo outside of EU. As far Xbox X, it's too early to tell. We need to wait until the launch window is over but I think PS4 should have it beaten handedly no matter what.

The price drops will help, but I don't think it's going to be some massive, earth shattering thing.

Ps4 basic model was $199 and switch $299.

It did beat the ps4 online, but what about the long lines in every gamestop to get the ps4 + GC.

It will be a tough battle for #1 on BF week, But at the end it seems that Ps4 will be #1 WW.

AlfredoTurkey said:

If switch beat the ps4 in November, then it outsold the wii at its peak..... that’s all I’m going to say, ps4 might have topped 2 million in november in just the US

mM
Around the Network

Source?

KLAMarine said:
Source?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/06/tis-the-season-to-play-new-december-deals-for-ps4-pro-and-playstation-vr-systems/

AlfredoTurkey said:

What did you read that said switch won black friday or beat the ps4? Any link? 

Mega excited to pick up that Gran Turismo Sport VR bundle. It feels like a steal getting it for only $199.oo seeing as the game just recently released.

I played the preview demo and loved it. The game is absolutely gorgeous and the cars felt fantastic to drive with my time on it. Was going to buy this game soon anyways, so I can't wait to get it. Could see this selling out quickly at this price.

Thanks for posting!

Prime.