By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Megaton: $199 PS VR WITH GT SPORTS AND A 349 Pro

Teeqoz said:
SvennoJ said:

GT Sport bundle does too. Doom VFR in an older bundle, might be discounted as well. Ofcourse GT Sport is a Sony game so they can easily take the loss on that. Bethesda still wants money. (Although the difference is rather extreme, Doom VFR is only $30)

Actually GT Sport bundle is $300 too atm, it's just getting a special promotion.

The VFR bundle is normally 400$ though. So they're both getting a promotion. Yeah, the difference is rather extreme..

only that the gt sports bundle includes the V1 and both Doom/Skyrim bundles includes the V2 of the VR.

Around the Network

199 PSVR is pretty great!.

kazuyamishima said:
Teeqoz said:

The VFR bundle is normally 400$ though. So they're both getting a promotion. Yeah, the difference is rather extreme..

only that the gt sports bundle includes the V1 and both Doom/Skyrim bundles includes the V2 of the VR.

Ah ok. So what's the difference between V1 and V2?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
kazuyamishima said:

You can read the differences here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/11/guide_psvr_cuh-zvr1_vs_cuh-zvr2_-_whats_the_difference

A response from the playstation blog:

"The big technical difference is that the CUH-ZVR2 processing unit supports HDR pass-through while the original launch PSVR (CUH-ZVR1) had that oversight. Basically what that meant is if you want to play something supporting HDR you had to use a HDMI splitter or swap cables. If you like HDR, you will want the CUH-ZVR2 (coming with Doom or Skyrim) because both using a HDMI splitter (swapping inputs) and swapping cables can feel inconvenient to the point you use PSVR less.

The other big improvement for CUH-ZVR2 is that it has microphone built in and the headphone can be plugged in directly to the VR headset instead of along the wire connecting it to the processing unit. The way it plugs into the back of the headset and the ear phones it comes with are just much better design where the wires aren’t getting in your way while you play even as you might move around a fair bit."

Bandorr said:

That $200 bundle is interesting. It works with the playstation move controllers I already have from my ps3 days right?

Ignore that question, saw it got answered.

So someone tell me about "VR". Do you play the games standing up, or setting down?
Do you have to use the motion controllers or can you use the ps4 controller?

Are there any "demo stations" at the stores? I'm fairly sure I will get motion sick but I gotta check. Maybe find something to counter-act the motion sickness.

I prefer sitting down. The chainsaw Jack boss fight in RE7 is easier while standing and Superhot VR is much better while standing. However for 95% of my game time I sit comfortably on my couch. I did more standing early on with Here they lie and Rez Infinite, yet after getting used to it I find sitting down more comfortable.

You can use the DS4 for most games, some support both, only a few require move. I find Skyrim better with the Move controllers, having 2 hands works great in rpgs.

There is an adjustment period to VR, best not to jump straight into full movement if you think you might get motion sick. First make sure the camera is not too far away. The further away the more the headset might gntly sway back and forth, a limitation of the depth tracking from psvr. At 6ft distance it's rock solid, perfect for playing while sitting. 8ft is better for standing so you have a bit more room to move about.

To start, pick something without motion (Wayward sky / Tethered / Bound / Statik / Superhot VR) Then get used to something where you sit in a vehicle of some sort (Until Dawn rush of blood /  Battlezone) Then start with slow movement (Robinson: The Journey / RE7 configurable movement speed). Use snap turning first before getting into smooth rotation. Always try to look in the direction you're moving in until you're comfortable (a lot of games move in the direction you look in so it's already done for you) Looking one way while you move in another in VR is quite challenging on your inner ear.

A lot of games also have teleportation and there are many more that don't require movement. Skyrim also has teleportation you can fall back on when you start feeling the first signs of motion sickness.

Oh and don't start with Windlands or Trackmania Turbo. Windlands got me feeling ill the first time (got used to it after another careful go) Trackmania Turbo has crazy jumps. In both cases I looked in a different direction than I was moving in which brought on the nausea. That's all long past now, however last night, while exploring the insides of a half sunken ship at a 30 degree angle in Skyrim I was feeling the early onset again. Leaning against a slope that's not there, another thing to get used to.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 06 December 2017

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

You can read the differences here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/11/guide_psvr_cuh-zvr1_vs_cuh-zvr2_-_whats_the_difference

"The big technical difference is that the CUH-ZVR2 processing unit supports HDR pass-through while the original launch PSVR (CUH-ZVR1) had that oversight. Basically what that meant is if you want to play something supporting HDR you had to use a HDMI splitter or swap cables. If you like HDR, you will want the CUH-ZVR2 (coming with Doom or Skyrim) because both using a HDMI splitter (swapping inputs) and swapping cables can feel inconvenient to the point you use PSVR less.

The other big improvement for CUH-ZVR2 is that it has microphone built in and the headphone can be plugged in directly to the VR headset instead of along the wire connecting it to the processing unit. The way it plugs into the back of the headset and the ear phones it comes with are just much better design where the wires aren’t getting in your way while you play even as you might move around a fair bit."

Different position for the microphone? The original one has one too as I heard myself cursing on the videos I took from RE7 boss fights without connecting anything lol. The microphone on the original one does pick up my surround sound system so I had to play ST Bridge crew with headphones to avoid echos.

AlfredoTurkey said:
How well will it do for the holidays? Well, Switch beat it on Black Friday (or, at least that's what I read) while being twice the price. So, there's probably no beating Nintendo outside of EU. As far Xbox X, it's too early to tell. We need to wait until the launch window is over but I think PS4 should have it beaten handedly no matter what.

The price drops will help, but I don't think it's going to be some massive, earth shattering thing.

We don’t know who won on BF. Plus, the PS4 was sold out well before black friday online. If you’re referring to the Adobe thing, yeah, not credible.

SvennoJ said:
kazuyamishima said:

Different position for the microphone? The original one has one too as I heard myself cursing on the videos I took from RE7 boss fights without connecting anything lol. The microphone on the original one does pick up my surround sound system so I had to play ST Bridge crew with headphones to avoid echos.

Well Maybe...

wow huge news. great value now

kazuyamishima said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Thanks dude :)

Well now I'm back on the fence. I want the better hardware and I don't really want GT. Hmm. Maybe I'll wait for the Doom bundle to drop.