By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Megaton: $199 PS VR WITH GT SPORTS AND A 349 Pro

SvennoJ said:
kazuyamishima said:

You can read the differences here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/11/guide_psvr_cuh-zvr1_vs_cuh-zvr2_-_whats_the_difference

A response from the playstation blog:

"The big technical difference is that the CUH-ZVR2 processing unit supports HDR pass-through while the original launch PSVR (CUH-ZVR1) had that oversight. Basically what that meant is if you want to play something supporting HDR you had to use a HDMI splitter or swap cables. If you like HDR, you will want the CUH-ZVR2 (coming with Doom or Skyrim) because both using a HDMI splitter (swapping inputs) and swapping cables can feel inconvenient to the point you use PSVR less.

The other big improvement for CUH-ZVR2 is that it has microphone built in and the headphone can be plugged in directly to the VR headset instead of along the wire connecting it to the processing unit. The way it plugs into the back of the headset and the ear phones it comes with are just much better design where the wires aren’t getting in your way while you play even as you might move around a fair bit."

Different position for the microphone? The original one has one too as I heard myself cursing on the videos I took from RE7 boss fights without connecting anything lol. The microphone on the original one does pick up my surround sound system so I had to play ST Bridge crew with headphones to avoid echos.

Well Maybe...

Around the Network

wow huge news. great value now

kazuyamishima said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Ah ok. So what's the difference between V1 and V2?

You can read the differences here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/11/guide_psvr_cuh-zvr1_vs_cuh-zvr2_-_whats_the_difference

A response from the playstation blog:

"The big technical difference is that the CUH-ZVR2 processing unit supports HDR pass-through while the original launch PSVR (CUH-ZVR1) had that oversight. Basically what that meant is if you want to play something supporting HDR you had to use a HDMI splitter or swap cables. If you like HDR, you will want the CUH-ZVR2 (coming with Doom or Skyrim) because both using a HDMI splitter (swapping inputs) and swapping cables can feel inconvenient to the point you use PSVR less.

The other big improvement for CUH-ZVR2 is that it has microphone built in and the headphone can be plugged in directly to the VR headset instead of along the wire connecting it to the processing unit. The way it plugs into the back of the headset and the ear phones it comes with are just much better design where the wires aren’t getting in your way while you play even as you might move around a fair bit."

Thanks dude :)

Well now I'm back on the fence. I want the better hardware and I don't really want GT. Hmm. Maybe I'll wait for the Doom bundle to drop.

Already posted.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=233371