By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Lauster said:
Miyamotoo said:

PS4 sold better in November 2015. than in December 2015. while difference between November and December 2014. was minimal. XB1 only last year sold better in December than in November in same year.

-snip-

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8661598

-snip-

Hum... weird, VGC has 1,584k PS4 for December 2015.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_yoy.php?reg=USA&start_year=2013&end_year=2017&console=PS4

I thought VGC figures were recalculated taking NPD data/leaks into account. OK, I think NPD is more reliable.

But even then, you have just one year of November sales better than December sales for PS4, and you consider it as it's a norm ? (well, it seems hard for this year, but they can still sell 1.3-1.5M)

No I don't consider norm, but point that in case of PS4 December sales can easily can be similar or worse compared to November sales, while in case of Nintendo we see huge difference in any case.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Switch is sold very well at Gamestop.

8 of the top 12 are Switch.

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-consoles,28zu0,134f

This is just a listing (search) of console at GameStop, it’s not ranked by any order...

Well it does say Sort by best selling so one could assume it was ranked by that order. Not sure accurate it is though considering Lego Worlds is trailing the CoD WW2 games at third place which seems very  unlikely ;P

So much for a Switch Doomination. December is yours!!!

What the hell is Titan Quest?

Switch back on top in the hourlies, remains comfortably ahead in the monthlies. Looking at all we can see, Switch is winning. We'll see where it goes. Should be a big month for both. But Xbone is looking like a distant third. Not a good look given the X came out just a month ago.

Around the Network

How do these ranking work?

Hourly I'm throwing out the wild guess just the past hour.. :p
but monthly - The last 30 days or current month?
Yearly - The past 365 days or 2017?

Mar1217 said:
Nuvendil said:
Switch back on top in the hourlies, remains comfortably ahead in the monthlies. Looking at all we can see, Switch is winning. We'll see where it goes. Should be a big month for both. But Xbone is looking like a distant third. Not a good look given the X came out just a month ago.

The TRUE question is ...

Why the hell people would prefer Grey Joycons over the Red/Blue from the other SKU ?!

I had a chance to get the Blue and Red at Walmart for a while this year, and I waited it out until I saw a Grey model arrive. Not a big fan of multi-color devices. I would have been on board for all Blue, all Red, all Pink, all Green, etc. had that been an option.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Mbolibombo said:
How do these ranking work?

Hourly I'm throwing out the wild guess just the past hour.. :p
but monthly - The last 30 days or current month?
Yearly - The past 365 days or 2017?

It's hard to say how it works but for a better idea of how things are selling it's better to use the monthly chart. The hourly doesn't truly represent what was sold in the last hour but over a longer period of time. The monthly seems to represent exactly what was sold for that month. 

9 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#03 NS Grey (up 1)
#04 PS4 Star Wars (down 1)
#09 NS Neon (same)
#19 XB1 Forza (up 2)
#30 XB1X (same)
#32 SNES Classic (down 1)
#40 N2DSXL T+B (down 2)
#58 PS4 Pro (down 8)
#59 N3DSXL Galaxy (up 4)
#75 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 7)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

Welp, this didn't take long... at all. Indicator of what's to come?