By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Does Nintendo purposely manufacture more grey Switches than neon to encourage colored joy con sales? Because it's clear neon is the more popular item, pretty much always outsells the grey when they're both in stock.

It rather seems Nintendo initially believed that the neon Switch would be less popular.  And it was but has since flipped.  Or at least, so it seems.  Until both are equally available, we won't know for sure.

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
ironmanDX said:

Probably just an ebay only deal. The X is outpacing the pro but it is still too early imo to indicate or estimate anything.

I saw an advertisement on YouTube for this from  Argos as well yesterday.

I thought the X had been doing okay-ish in America as opposed to the UK, which really could use a price cut since it faded fast over there. Is MS pleased with its performance? As in, it may have debuted well, but it might not be showing legs. I think the mixed messaging worked against it. You can't tell people you expect it to be a niche item but then try to market it like your next gen console closer to release. 

Anyways, the PS4 and the Switch have traded spots. Even though Switch will take the month on Amazon, it's interesting to see the back and forth on this.

If we going by Amazon Switch is the winner here, 2 console in top 10. But I haven't read much on how the stores are doing.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Titan Quest. The hell is this? Seeing PlayStation button prompts in the screenshots.

quickrick said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Wow pretty impressive PS4 is holding off a cheaper Xbox one S with Forza horizon 3. I thought the bad pr for BF2 would have negatively affected it but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Definitely gonna come down to being between PS4 and Switch for npd winner. PS4 currently sitting at #13 on the month with both switch skus ahead of it. If PS4 wins it, it’s gonna be close.

Can’t wait for the results! Love this time of year.

This month it's much harder to predict. i got # 1 prediction for November on resetera. i think  ps4 will win though followed by xbox.and switch being close. 

Did you really? Wow congrats man. :) 

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
quickrick said:

This month it's much harder to predict. i got # 1 prediction for November on resetera. i think  ps4 will win though followed by xbox.and switch being close. 

Thanks. it was pretty crazy lol. https://www.resetera.com/posts/2290003/

November was pretty easy to predict. I think the reality he know who the winner is by far, but doesn't wanna give it away. he said the other day ps4 was nuking from orbital and black friday seems like ps4 made a bigger gap with switch on black friday. so to me ps4>>xbone>>> switch. xbox will be closer, because a new system launch, and plenty of stock for the 189$ model. there is no way though switch was outselling ps4 by that much during the first 3 weeks, to make it close to ps4 after the black friday sales.

December though i feel is gonna be close for all 3.

Last edited by quickrick - on 21 December 2017

quickrick said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

yea it was pretty crazy lol. https://www.resetera.com/posts/2290003/

November was pretty easy to predict. I think the reality he know who the winner is by far, but doesn't wanna give it away. he said the other day ps4 was nuking from orbital and black friday seems like ps4 made a bigger gap with switch on black friday. so to me ps4>>xbone>>> switch. xbox will be closer, because a new system launch, and plenty of stock for the 189$ model. there is no way though switch was outselling ps4 by that much during the first 3 weeks, to make it close to ps4 after the black friday sales.

So that’s you huh? Wow I’ve seen that name a lot when posting. But as others have said, Nintendo has historically done very well in December. On a side note, sales numbers from Japan show switch sold an outstanding 230k units last week compared to 73k for PS4. So the December sales are definitely showing true in Japan and most likely will be here as well. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
quickrick said:

yea it was pretty crazy lol. https://www.resetera.com/posts/2290003/

So that’s you huh? Wow I’ve seen that name a lot when posting. But as others have said, Nintendo has historically done very well in December. On a side note, sales numbers from Japan show switch sold an outstanding 230k units last week compared to 73k for PS4. So the December sales are definitely showing true in Japan and most likely will be here as well. 

Switch as been kicking ps4 ass all year in japan, so i'm not sure what japan has to do with anything. surprising is switch hasn't been sold out at all this month. anytime switch as stock in japan it can do over 100k, so it doesn't surprise it did 230k last week. my early prediction would be.

1.1 million switch

1.5 million ps4

1.2 xbone.

quickrick said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Switch as been kicking ps4 ass all year in japan, so i'm not sure what japan has to do with anything. surprising is switch hasn't been sold out at all this month. my early prediction would be. anytime switch as stock in japan it can do over 100k, so it doesn't surprise it did 230k last week.

1.1 million switch

1.5 million ps4

1.2 xbone.

Pretty sure Switch will be easily over 1.1m, December is always far stronger month for Nintendo compared to November, and we already seeing that trend on Amazon currently, where Switch performing much better than it did last month. But we can only wait and see.

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

Switch as been kicking ps4 ass all year in japan, so i'm not sure what japan has to do with anything. surprising is switch hasn't been sold out at all this month. my early prediction would be. anytime switch as stock in japan it can do over 100k, so it doesn't surprise it did 230k last week.

1.1 million switch

1.5 million ps4

1.2 xbone.

Pretty sure Switch will be over 1.1m, December is always far stronger month for Nintendo compared to November, and we already seeing that trend on Amazon currently, where Switch performing much better than it did last month. I guess we can only wait and see.

we only have 3ds for reference in the past 7 years, but 3ds was 179$. how do we know switch is doing much better then last month? it was sold out on amazon, that why it dropped spots. i'm not that confident in my prediction like i was last month, which i thought was pretty easy to predict. another thing is were looking at 750-770k for switch last month.