By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Adobe Digital Insights: Nintendo Switch the top selling online product of Black Friday and Cyber Monday in US

Just for record, Adobe Digital Insights suggests that Nintendo Switch is best selling product overall, not just best selling console.

Around the Network

The title is misleading and needs to be corrected.

bubblegamer said:
The title is misleading and needs to be corrected.

Well only thing thats maybe misleading is that this based on online sales.

Mar1217 said:
Huh ? Seirously ?! If we go by Amazon and all the news reports we got, the PS4 should be in the leading seat with the Switch not so far behind.

But isn't that just a prediction ?

The Adobe Digital Insights 2017 Holiday Predictions Report and Holiday Actuals Report are based on aggregate and anonymized data via the Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Cloud. Adobe Analytics measures 80% of online transactions at the largest 100 U.S. web retailers (Source: Internet Retailer 2017). The report model is based on analysis of 1 trillion visits to over 4,500 retail websites and 55 million SKUs. Product analysis is based on more than 6 million orders per day on average during November and December. Companion research is based on surveys with 1,100+ U.S. consumers and 440+ U.S. retailers that sell online and 12 million social mentions from August 1st–October 11th 2017.

Teeqoz said:
JWeinCom said:
I'd call it an analysis rather than a prediction. The sample size is enormous. Unless there is a software glitch, they shouldn't be all that far off.

Sample size is less important than how representative that size is. It says there that their entire sample size is from digital purchases. I would expect online and in-store purchasing trends to vary. Depends on how they adjust for that though.

Why would you expect that?  

JWeinCom said:
Teeqoz said:

Sample size is less important than how representative that size is. It says there that their entire sample size is from digital purchases. I would expect online and in-store purchasing trends to vary. Depends on how they adjust for that though.

For one, online sales started earlier and were not geared towards a one-day shopping bonanza.

The insanity that is Black Friday caters to people seeking one-time deals, while the PS4 deal was available since 11/19.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Teeqoz said:

Do you think the ratio of people who buy online is equal among all age groups? All income groups? Etc.

when will real data/numbers be out?

Switch!!!

They talked about this on the radio station I was listening to this morning, but they also said the report said the PSVR was doing huge numbers as well, which immediately set off alarm bells for me. Mentioning the PSVR is selling great but no mention of PS4 or Xboxs seems odd.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Teeqoz said:
JWeinCom said:

Do you think the ratio of people who buy online is equal among all age groups? All income groups? Etc.

Here is what I found for 2016

https://www.practicalecommerce.com/Sales-Report-2016-Thanksgiving-Day-Black-Friday-Cyber-Monday

Data from the National Retail Federation shows that many consumers no longer find it necessary or appealing to shop in physical stores. The trade group’s consumer survey found that 108.5 million people shopped Black Friday deals online while 99 million went to stores.

Electronics and appliances showed the greatest growth over 2015, growing 26.5 percent year-over-year, both online and in store.

If Adobe tracks 80 percent of online retailers and online sales are about half, you are talking about 40 percent. Retail and online will be different, especially when doorbuster deals come into play. Perhaps the most relevant piece of info would be Veterans Day since its outside of the BF season. Switch was the 4th best selling there. 

Also, if anyone is interested, here is Adobe's results for Saturday

1. Chromecast
  2. PJ Mask
  3. XBox One X
  4. Nintendo Switch
  5. Hatchimals

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

NoirSon said:
PJ Masks is selling well... heaven help the youth of this world, I have watched that with my nephew and the characters while trying to give lessons are still awful and children should not try to emulate.

Oh its 2017, at least the Switch doesn't suck.

What are you talking about ... you think people should learn after the first time they make a mistake?!!?

EVVVVERYONE knows you need to make the same mistake 3 times and not listen to anyone else along the way.  Then you can properly learn and be a hero by doing the right thing. <end Sarcasm>

Yeah the show really sucks. Give me Phineas and Ferb any day of the week over that PJ Masks crap.