By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Adobe Digital Insights: Nintendo Switch the top selling online product of Black Friday and Cyber Monday in US

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-october-2017-shadow-of-war-1-sw-nintendo-switch-1-hw.6580/page-56#post-1390939
Its only a few online retailers but still good for the Switch.

Around the Network

That's impressive. Just imagine if the Switch actually had a price cut xD.

Maybe they were taking photo's from stock displays and determining that way what was really selling. Totally not anecdotal nonsense that we saw yesterday.

ironmanDX said:
Miyamotoo said:

If this is prediction it would be mentioned that it's prediction, Adobe tracks some of the largest online retailers and bases its figures off that.

Then that makes it a well informed prediction but a prediction none the less.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

If this is prediction it would be mentioned that it's prediction, Adobe tracks some of the largest online retailers and bases its figures off that.

Dude it's right there in one of your links "https://landing.adobe.com/en/na/solutions/digital-index/ctir-2840-holiday-predictions"

More about this Adobe Digital Insights:

The Adobe Digital Insights 2017 Holiday Predictions Report and Holiday Actuals Report are based on aggregate and anonymized data via the Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Cloud. Adobe Analytics measures 80% of online transactions at the largest 100 U.S. web retailers (Source: Internet Retailer 2017). The report model is based on analysis of 1 trillion visits to over 4,500 retail websites and 55 million SKUs. Product analysis is based on more than 6 million orders per day on average during November and December. Companion research is based on surveys with 1,100+ U.S. consumers and 440+ U.S. retailers that sell online and 12 million social mentions from August 1st–October 11th 2017.

Miyamotoo said: 
Barkley said:

Dude it's right there in one of your links "https://landing.adobe.com/en/na/solutions/digital-index/ctir-2840-holiday-predictions"

The Adobe Digital Insights 2017 Holiday Predictions Report and Holiday Actuals Report are based on aggregate and anonymized data via the Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Cloud. Adobe Analytics measures 80% of online transactions at the largest 100 U.S. web retailers (Source: Internet Retailer 2017). The report model is based on analysis of 1 trillion visits to over 4,500 retail websites and 55 million SKUs. Product analysis is based on more than 6 million orders per day on average during November and December. Companion research is based on surveys with 1,100+ U.S. consumers and 440+ U.S. retailers that sell online and 12 million social mentions from August 1st–October 11th 2017.

Ok so is this the "Predictions" or the "Actuals" it's difficult to say because I can't find where that image comes from. As has been stated though this is only about online sales not instore, so perhaps that should be added to the title.

Around the Network

Based off of Zhuge this isnt 100%. Its more of predictions i guess? He did say this is a positive sign.

That said no matter what all 3 companies sold well (at least online from what i can tell)

I'd call it an analysis rather than a prediction. The sample size is enormous. Unless there is a software glitch, they shouldn't be all that far off.

Miyamotoo said:

Thanks! See, this is the kind of context I was looking for.

PJ Masks is selling well... heaven help the youth of this world, I have watched that with my nephew and the characters while trying to give lessons are still awful and children should not try to emulate.

Oh its 2017, at least the Switch doesn't suck.

JWeinCom said:
I'd call it an analysis rather than a prediction. The sample size is enormous. Unless there is a software glitch, they shouldn't be all that far off.

Sample size is less important than how representative that size is. It says there that their entire sample size is from digital purchases. I would expect online and in-store purchasing trends to vary. Depends on how they adjust for that though.