By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Great success for Nintendo Switch during #blackfriday!

Imagine when it does get a discount and ample stock in Japan...

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
d21lewis said:

Not sure about black Friday shipments but for a couple of months now, I'd see them in stock every other week.

I see. Thank you, Lewis. I notice it was sold out on Amazon US today, so Black Friday probably caused a significant sales spike.

It sold out on amazon a couple of days ago (I think it was Wednesday or Thursday), it was already sold out there before Black Friday

ironmanDX said:
DialgaMarine said:

Well, considering online retailers still have Switches readily available vice PS4 which has almost completely sold out, it’s gonna come down to who put out more stock. As of right now, it’s hard to say. We’ll find out soon enough though. 

The NPD thread is going to be insane...

Will vgchartz survive?

No...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Again, guys, why the sensationalist titles? I said this in the PS4 thread and I'll say it in the Switch thread. Yes, we know it's going to be a big seller ... it's a new hot console? Xbox and PS4 are also "among the most popular" items in the U.S.

No real point to the thread.

CGI-Quality said:
Source the OP or the thread gets locked. You've been told this before!

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1711/26/news015.html

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Among the best sellers? Surely this thread should be titled, "Switch won Black Friday then?"

In all seriousness, it's good to see all companies doing well.

Nailed it.

Miyamotoo said:
DialgaMarine said:

But you’ve got to consider that basically every 1 TB PS4 that was in stock before BF became a part of that deal, and we know Sony shopped quite a few units prior to BF in anticipation. Basically every PS4 that online retailers still had up until BF was sold.That’s why I say it’s going to come down to who put out more stock. 

But you had even than and you have even now 1TB for $300. I think that Sony planned to sell only specific number of PS4 units at that BF price for $199.

The price went back up because they sold out, and my guess is that retailers aren’t yet sure if the price will continue, so they put the coming stock at $300 as the default. Sony could very easily do what MS is doing and keep it down until January. But even if you’re right, and it was only a specific number, I have serious doubts that number was anything low; It would still be multiple millions, no doubt. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Guitarguy said:
Jranation said:

Are you talking about the 399 at JBHiFi? 

Even better. Gamesmen had a Neon console with Mario thrown in for $484 and Ebay had 10% off that so I jumped on it. Ended up being $435 from memory.

Oh fuck! Thats an awesome deal! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nintendo's major point of success is going to be profit. If they don't sell as many consoles as Sony/Microsoft, it probably has to do with supply restraints, but if it doesn't, I'd imagine due to no price cuts and the fact that most major sellers are owned by them as opposed to 3rd party, that Nintendo is making the most money by far this weekend.

DialgaMarine said:
Miyamotoo said:

But you had even than and you have even now 1TB for $300. I think that Sony planned to sell only specific number of PS4 units at that BF price for $199.

The price went back up because they sold out, and my guess is that retailers aren’t yet sure if the price will continue, so they put the coming stock at $300 as the default. Sony could very easily do what MS is doing and keep it down until January. But even if you’re right, and it was only a specific number, I have serious doubts that number was anything low; It would still be multiple millions, no doubt. 

Exactly, and this $199 price was just for Black Friday. I don't think Sony will put price to $199 until January because PS4 selling great even with $299 price point. I also dont think it was low number, just $100 price cut and for instance Gamestop give away $50 credit voucher was great deal, so demand was huge, but probably multiply milons just for US just for Black Friday is little high.