By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Great success for Nintendo Switch during #blackfriday!

zkp said:

"the big N has decided to keep the Switch's full price unchanged even on Black Friday and Christmas holidays."

Greedy company will always be greedy.

Typical Nintendo. Money>>>Clients

People will buy everything with N logo. I hope they will slip on this practice.

If anything, that's Sony's attribute, especially here in Europe. People use the word "playstation" rather than "console". Retailer support for other companies is seriously lacking as well.

Around the Network

The article doesn't really compare it to anything, so it's hard to get too excited. We already knew it would be one of the top selling products.

The only thing this tells us is that it didn't completely flop like Wii U.

zkp said:

"the big N has decided to keep the Switch's full price unchanged even on Black Friday and Christmas holidays."

As opposed to wich miraculous company that will apparently pass on profits solely to do their customers a solid?

On a console that has been on the market for a mere eight months and selling out most of that time no less?

Just for comparison, the PS4 got it's first pricecut in october 2015 after almost two years on the market.

DialgaMarine said:

Well, considering online retailers still have Switches readily available vice PS4 which has almost completely sold out, it’s gonna come down to who put out more stock. As of right now, it’s hard to say. We’ll find out soon enough though. 

Just for record, only $199 price tag for PS4 was sold out, it's not like PS4 is generally sold out, just that Black Friday deal isn't available anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A6427814011%2Cn%3A6427871011%2Ck%3Aps4&keywords=ps4&ie=UTF8&qid=1511699223&rnid=11846801

But you’ve got to consider that basically every 1 TB PS4 that was in stock before BF became a part of that deal, and we know Sony shopped quite a few units prior to BF in anticipation. Basically every PS4 that online retailers still had up until BF was sold.That’s why I say it’s going to come down to who put out more stock. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

zkp said:

Why in the tossing pot would they discount their new console when it's not even out for a full year yet? And that final sentence is beyond dumb.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Wow a system thats not even 1 year old against a system that is 4 years.

Lets see if the switch still sells well 4 years after release @300

First year is normally the weakest year for a console.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

"Nintendo Switch won't even top lifetime wiiu sales..."

:D

Glad Nintendo is back in force. I'm getting mine any day now, been waiting for that sweet Zelda action for a long time.

d21lewis said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Is Switch still difficult to find in the US?

Not sure about black Friday shipments but for a couple of months now, I'd see them in stock every other week.

I see. Thank you, Lewis. I notice it was sold out on Amazon US today, so Black Friday probably caused a significant sales spike.

DialgaMarine said:

Just for record, only $199 price tag for PS4 was sold out, it's not like PS4 is generally sold out, just that Black Friday deal isn't available anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A6427814011%2Cn%3A6427871011%2Ck%3Aps4&keywords=ps4&ie=UTF8&qid=1511699223&rnid=11846801

But you’ve got to consider that basically every 1 TB PS4 that was in stock before BF became a part of that deal, and we know Sony shopped quite a few units prior to BF in anticipation. Basically every PS4 that online retailers still had up until BF was sold.That’s why I say it’s going to come down to who put out more stock. 

But you had even than and you have even now 1TB for $300. I think that Sony planned to sell only specific number of PS4 units at that BF price for $199.

zkp said:

For those that don’t know, which seems to be a few of you, this is a troll. Don’t feed the troll. (I think I might have just fed the troll, lol)