By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 - Huge Holiday Update (New Mode, New Stages, Higher Level Caps and More)

I love the song in that trailer.

Around the Network

Octolings now dammit! I'll pay if necessary!

Sweet update btw.

sethnintendo said:
Splatoon players can now prestige. Look out CoD.

I'm looking forward to watching the medals/icons for each prestige rank gradually grow edgier and edgier in subsequent sequels like in CoD.

While other companies sting consumers with microtransactions, loot crates, day 1 DLC, and other cancerous practices, it's nice to see Nintendo rewarding paying customers with free content. This is how games should be; you pay for them up front, and get future updates at no charge. 

The new maps and new mode look cool, and Arowana Mall is a good choice for a returning stage.

GuyDuke said: 

Convenient Gear Swapping: Players that want to change gear between battles in Regular Battle, Ranked Battle and Splatfest Battle (Solo) won’t have to exit to the lobby anymore! After downloading the update, gear can be swapped out without leaving the match room, making it quicker to get back to splatting. For Regular Battle, this also means players can play the next battle with the same players.

About bloody time.

Around the Network

Now if they'd just put defensive and offensive abilities back in the game, I'd go back to playing it.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Now if they'd just put defensive and offensive abilities back in the game, I'd go back to playing it.

In my opinion, those abilities would only brake the game, so i am happy they are gone and hope for them to never come back.

Next step now is to nerf the rollers.

Yep, Nintendo is doing things right. Can't wait to try those updates .

Dand said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

In my opinion, those abilities would only brake the game, so i am happy they are gone and hope for them to never come back.

Next step now is to nerf the rollers.

So the first game was broken? 

I was pleasantly surprised to see this, but then I was reminded that I still need to play this. I've only done a bit of the story campaign Dx

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread