By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 - Huge Holiday Update (New Mode, New Stages, Higher Level Caps and More)

Okay guys, as someone who has a love/hate relationship with Splatoon ... I just got back from playing a few matches and I got to say ... these changes make a huge difference!

First of all, there's this cool map I played just a few matches ago, but I don't remember what it was called It was so intense! I think it was new, but not from this update. Don't know which one it's from, haven't been keeping up.

Second of all, the new battle music ROCKS! I don't know if I've heard the "avant garde" one yet, but the punk music is great! It's way more interesting than the regular tune, which seems too reminiscient of Splatoon 1(infact it might be the same battle music from Splatoon 1). This is what I needed! Different tunes!

Secondly, finally. We get features that should have been AT LAUNCH! Standard features, like the ability to change weapons and customization between battles! Also, I went to the shop and was SHOCKED that you can now sort what weapons you see! I remember just a few weeks ago going through the weapons and being so confused, feeling like everything was clustered...(although maybe this wasn't in an update ... would not be surprised if this was in base game and I missed it till now!)

With this quality of life improvements, maybe I can finally get behind this game. My aim is even increasing, 30 hours later!