By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 - Huge Holiday Update (New Mode, New Stages, Higher Level Caps and More)

Damn, spot on with what I was hoping for, the equivalent to Splatoon 1's 2.0 update! What's surprised me the most is the Compact Brella can actually shoot while the shield is open. That seems way too good but there's sure to be some drawbacks. Also, they actually made experience tickets no longer worthless, infact they'll be useful indefinitely. I'm gonna assume leveling up is how you get sea snails even after Splatfest are over. All in all this is exactly what the game needed, can't wait!

Around the Network

new salmon run stage? Awesome!!

Maybe now's a good time to get into the nitty gritty of Splatoon 2. Don't know if I can get past the gyro controls, though.

After this update we can finally speak of a true sequel instead of Splatoon 1.5 (it is a good game, but it didn't strafe far enough from the original).

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

new salmon run stage? Awesome!!

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Maybe now's a good time to get into the nitty gritty of Splatoon 2. Don't know if I can get past the gyro controls, though.

You can always turn them off.

Increase level cap and changing weapons without exiting seem really nice

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Lonely_Dolphin said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You can always turn them off.

And then the controls feel terrible 

awesome can't wait to jump back into this games online once i get internet service back home

GuyDuke said:
CrowRSchneider said:

FINALLY!!

This to me is the best feature of the update, I stopped playing Splatoon 2 about a month and a half because of annoying things like that and others as well, but is a step to the right direction.

What are the others? I'm curious!

The fact that you still lose "points" in ranked if a team mate disconnects middle match and losing (only if they DC at the very beginning you get the not losing "points" message), you cannot reenter the same match when you DC, (I have a good connection so that's not a big problem for me but still).

Right now I don't remember other issues but changing your gear in the lobby was a major one.

I know... my English sucks.