By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Organising A New GameDB Admin Team

TalonMan said:
outlawauron said:
Sad that this was done while I was out of town for vacation. This is something I'd love to help with.

It's not "done" - so long as you are interested, plan on submitting lots of good data, and are incredibly anal about protecting the integrity of our game database, I'm SURE there will be room for another DBAdmin...   ;)

I'm not sure how much of a creator I could compared some of the others, but I'm far too contrarian to just let anything go through to the DB.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
outlawauron said:

I'm not sure how much of a creator I could compared some of the others, but I'm far too contrarian to just let anything go through to the DB.

Hopefully you wont have any blanks like Darkadia, cough :P.

Darkadia just pulls from Giant Bomb though. If you want to improve Darkadia's database, have to add to Giant Bomb. Biggest issue imo with GB is that some games don't have every platform available listed.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Is it wrong that at first glance I thought the first word of the thread title was “Orgasaming”? 🤔

I remember spurge telling me he got so many points because he used to submit a lot of games to the database. Is this true? Is he joining the new team?

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

Don't you think you're loading a bit much onto yourself?

You would not be the first to say that, but I think that with the people on-board, we should be able to work together to make things smoother for everyone.

Having been involved with various volunteer projects over the last decade or so (nothing involving VGC), I have learned that it is much better for both the volunteer and the organization that nobody take on an unreasonable number of jobs.  This generally results in the volunteer burning out, going away, and all of the positions being left vacant.  In my experience, it would be better for you (Poly, or anyone else this applies to) to focus on a doing a couple of tasks thoroughly, even if it means that other important things don't get done at all. 

Around the Network

gameDB is the number one feature I've always wanted updated, and it sounds like an easy job, but I'm concerned that it might cut into my gaming sessions. And I really like my gaming sessions.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Is it wrong that at first glance I thought the first word of the thread title was “Orgasaming”? 🤔

Wrong? Not at all. But it tells us something about you...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

VersusEvil said:
Can't wait to see who's gonna be on the team c:

Me too!!

I don't know if it's too late, but I want to say I'm interested for a position for DB Admin.