By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony pictures looking to buy 20th centry fox..playstation vue benefits?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hope its disney that gets it. Xmen and fantastic four need to go to Marvel again.

If Sony buys them, there’s no reason why that wouldn’t happen. Sony and Disney seem to be on extremely good terms right now, and if anything, Sony buying them would mean X-Men back in MCU in exchange for more PS exclusive games based off the Marvel franchises. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

You guys are forgetting something. Xmen and fantastic four pale in comparison to avatar. If song buys Fox, it means they will distribute the upcoming 4 avatar movies

spurgeonryan said:
Why is Fox looking to sell their movie studio? Usually has good business, unlike Paramount for example.

Uhh... That's exactly when you want to sell a business to get a good price for it.
Then they take the proceeds to buy an unprofitable business at low price that they can get better value out of.
(I have heard that Murdoch is looking to buy CNN, for example)
Question nobody is asking is will Sony want to put 20thC Fox management in charge of Sony Pictures as well.

RJ_Sizzle said:
Sony needs to get their own studio in order before they talk about buying anyone else's.

20th Century Fox is itself owned by Murdoch who didn't own other film studios previously,
this is just swapping between corporate interests, not fundamentally different relationship of studio:owner.

RIP 20th-century fox.

Ka-pi96 said:
Would be much better than disney getting it!

Totally. 

I don't want monopoly man Disney running even more of the fucking movie industry. 

If Marvel is the concern for some people, X-Men and FF will guaranteed be a part of that universe if Sony gets Fox.

Around the Network

I think I read somewhere a few years back that in the X-men agreement and F4, if a sale was to be made Marvel would get first bids before anyone else. If true it’s very possible that Marvel would step in and say “hey, you can have fox but we want to bid for xmen-F4 as agreed upon in the original agreement”

This sounds disastrous.

Ka-pi96 said:
loy310 said:
I think I read somewhere a few years back that in the X-men agreement and F4, if a sale was to be made Marvel would get first bids before anyone else. If true it’s very possible that Marvel would step in and say “hey, you can have fox but we want to bid for xmen-F4 as agreed upon in the original agreement”

Didn't disney supposedly already bid for Fox before the deal fell through though? Shouldn't that count as them getting the first bid?

idk, and if thats the case then maybe they already pulled that card. So be it. Sony should get it if Disney dont, i cant see any other company getting it if its not Sony or Disney. WB wont take it, they already got their super hero and no way they invest in a marvel ip

RJ_Sizzle said:
Sony needs to get their own studio in order before they talk about buying anyone else's.

Exactly. Only good thing I've seen from Sony Pictures in years is SM Homecoming, and that was basically just a Marvel Studios movie.

arcaneguyver said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

Exactly. Only good thing I've seen from Sony Pictures in years is SM Homecoming, and that was basically just a Marvel Studios movie.

Maybe that's their game plan. Convince Disney to direct all of their movies.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames