By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Justice League Reviews - 46 Metacritic (49 Critics) - 39% RottenTomatoes (228 Critics)

Sunstrider said:
Dang, good thing metacritic didn't dissuade me from watching BvS before or else I would have not experienced how enjoyable that movie was with my bro and best friend, guess I'm gonna do the same tomorrow.

BvS was absolutely awful

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Sunstrider said:
Dang, good thing metacritic didn't dissuade me from watching BvS before or else I would have not experienced how enjoyable that movie was with my bro and best friend, guess I'm gonna do the same tomorrow.

BvS was absolutely awful

I know! Like everyone else is saying, I'm a special snowflake though .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

spurgeonryan said:
Sunstrider said:

I know! Like everyone else is saying, I'm a special snowflake though .

Was it really awful though,  or just a few parts did not make sense so it was not as enjoyable as you would have liked? Because an awful movie would be like certain Adam Sandler movies as of late or a movie that has an F cinema score,  etc. 

I did not say it was awful, I said in my first post that I enjoyed it with my bro and a friend. I was just implying that's how everyone else is thinking about the movie.

Shocker

Wonder Woman being good is starting to look more and more like a fluke, or maybe the people who worked on that film were the only ones who actually understood the characters they were working with. BvS was a boring, overblown mess, and Suicide Squad didn't even seem to know what it wanted to be, so while I hoped that Justice League would actually be good I wasn't exactly putting much faith into the film.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Sunstrider said:

I did not say it was awful, I said in my first post that I enjoyed it with my bro and a friend. I was just implying that's how everyone else is thinking about the movie.

Sorry,  quotes you but was responding to the guy who said it was awful. Superman 64 was awful,  eating dog food is awful,  WW 2 was awful,  is he saying BvS is awful or just maybe a mediocre movie with a few good enjoyable parts? 

I've never played any 64 games but heard Superman 64 really was bad, and I agree with you on WW2 and eating dog food(tf?) but as for your question, I have no idea what they hate about the movie, maybe because I've never read any of the comics that's why I can't share their sentiments on this? I don't know.

DC, besides WW, hasn't really done anything worth watching since the Batman Trilogy. So I'm not surprised

spurgeonryan said:
Darashiva said:
Wonder Woman being good is starting to look more and more like a fluke, or maybe the people who worked on that film were the only ones who actually understood the characters they were working with. BvS was a boring, overblown mess, and Suicide Squad didn't even seem to know what it wanted to be, so while I hoped that Justice League would actually be good I wasn't exactly putting much faith into the film.

I think they just need to fire Zach Snyder once and for all. I forget who did Suicide squad but they can go too. That was my least favorite of the last four DC movies. 

Maybe. I think the bigger issue with many of these movies is that they try to do too much in one film, stuffing them full of world building and storylines that  would normally be spread over several films. Wonder Woman is good because it's the only one of the films that feels like it works perfectly as a standalone feature, while all the others are desperately trying to catch up to what Marvel did over a period of 10 years and dozen films and do the same thing in three years. They aren't looking to make good films, rather they are rushing to build a cinematic universe without actually knowing how it should be done.

spurgeonryan said:
Darashiva said:

I think they just need to fire Zach Snyder once and for all. I forget who did Suicide squad but they can go too. That was my least favorite of the last four DC movies. 

Zack Snyder helped write Wonder Woman. This blatant hatred towards him is silly.

The Justice League movie is directed by both Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon. Yes, the same Joss Whedon who directed a bunch of Marvel movies.
The main complaints for the Justice League movie seem to be based on the pacing/narrative, something that the studio pushed for. Blame the executives. They are the one's who forced a two hour limit for this movie, and made Batman v. Superman release in cinemas with a lot of the plot being butchered (the extended cut is so much better).

The reoccurring issue here is studio intervention by Warner Bros. 
Just like Star Wars Battlefront 2's flaws are not because of the developers, rather it is due to the publisher's intervention (EA is at fault, not Dice).

at least the score is better than BvS

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5