By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Justice League Reviews - 46 Metacritic (49 Critics) - 39% RottenTomatoes (228 Critics)

Well... movie reviews don't really tell me anything.

I enjoyed the other ones, i'm sure i will enjoy this one aswell.

It's funny to me how different games and movie reviews are.

Movies in particular are even more dependent on what you want from the movie. If you are not out to watch the next masterpiece, and just seek entertainment, i don't see how one can be disappointed. It's sure to have a lot of spectacle.

Around the Network

From the reviews I've read, sounds like they tried to be more fun and lighthearted, closer to Marvel or the DC animated films.  Also, unlike games reviews, movie reviewers actually use the 1-10 or 1-100 scale. Just some examples, make of it what you will

The Avengers 69

Avengers: Age of Ultron 66

Man of Steel 55

Batman v Superman 44

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

just a couple more

Wonder Woman 76

Thor Ragnorak 73

Captain America 66

Suicide Squad 44

Winter Soldier 70

Iron Man 3  62

Plus, there will be more reviews. Score could go up, could go down. I'm gonna see it regardless

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

I can't even be mad anymore. This is the culmination of your four-year world-building project? We had to sit through four movies, ranging from mediocre to awful, just to set up this? It's laughable.

I keep hearing that this movie is like lacking/sloppy/poorly executed etc. but entertaining. I've watched a lot of shitty movies that were like that and also entertaining so I'm not sure what to really make of this.

DC/WB shouldn't have rushed this franchise.

Around the Network

This is disheartening. I was really psyched for this one.

Ow... ow... ow...

Still watching it.

sigh. Thank you WB for making the DC property look abysmal. Signing incompetent directors, making stupid story decisions and promoting a rushed job. I'll stick with the comic, games, and animation thank you very much.

ResidentToxy said:
spurgeonryan said:

I think they just need to fire Zach Snyder once and for all. I forget who did Suicide squad but they can go too. That was my least favorite of the last four DC movies. 

Zack Snyder helped write Wonder Woman. This blatant hatred towards him is silly.

The Justice League movie is directed by both Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon. Yes, the same Joss Whedon who directed a bunch of Marvel movies.
The main complaints for the Justice League movie seem to be based on the pacing/narrative, something that the studio pushed for. Blame the executives. They are the one's who forced a two hour limit for this movie, and made Batman v. Superman release in cinemas with a lot of the plot being butchered (the extended cut is so much better).

The reoccurring issue here is studio intervention by Warner Bros. 
Just like Star Wars Battlefront 2's flaws are not because of the developers, rather it is due to the publisher's intervention (EA is at fault, not Dice).

Allan Heinberg was genius behind WW. I doubt Zack Snyder contributed anything. They even retconned his WW narrative from BvS. Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio need to go.

Shadow1980 said:
Y'know, I've genuinely liked all the DCEU films so far, and I'm going to go see Justice League next weekend. And I've never really cared what critics say. Then again, I have rather low standards when it comes to movies (I legit enjoy Howard the Duck of all things).

I've learned to ignore critics, and hell even more comic fanboys. All I hear nonstop is insane praise for each and every new Marvel movie, and yes I walk out having enjoyed myself but they don't age well at all. I never feel like rewatching them and when I do I half the time quit partway through.

Then you have Suicide Squad. I saw a ton of comic fans praising the movie and saying how amazing it was and they had this amazing time in the theater. That movie sucked.

Wonder Women was pretty good, but not the insane praise it got good. IT's biggest fault was it's ending. As soon as Ares was beaten, the soldiers all start hugging. So stupid. Should have kept them fighting. It would have fit the theme of the movie perfectly and the backstory of WW that was set up in BvS perfectly. Would have shown that men are bad, and that it wasn't Ares only making them bad. Would have fit her she walked away from man set up.

The two new star war's are getting like perfect scores and both are average at best.

I've learned that the higher the RT score or critic score the more of a "one hit wonder" the movie tends to be. Most of the cult classics or movies I come back to and watch over and over again are like below 50% on RT.

I am nervous for Justice League though that it will turn into a one hit wonder. Sounds like its just a an action packed movie with one liners and lacking story. It's been reduced to 2 hours so it can fit in more theater times to make more money, and also Danny Elfman's soundtrack sounds like crap imo.