By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Justice League Reviews - 46 Metacritic (49 Critics) - 39% RottenTomatoes (228 Critics)

Lawlight said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
Well, the tracking is estimated to fall below $100 million for the weekend... that's a first for a DC movie. If this struggles, I think this will be the last of the League on the big screen.

No matter how it makes, the DCEU will continue because they've had 4 huge success prior to this one. Plus, it's clear than the fan reception is very positive. It has the same user average score on RT as Thor 3 - despite having more reviews. So many easter eggs for fans.

DCEU will go on, just maybe not another JL movie. This is supposed to be the Avengers of the DCEU but it doesn't look like it's going to hit those same notes.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
Critics trash it but the audience scores are much more positive, kinda like Suicide Squad last year. I don't care for super hero movies either way, be them Marvel or DC flicks, so I'll be skipping out on it regardless.

For those who have seen the film, how does it compare to BvS and Suicide Squad in your opinions?

The audience score is much more positive than SS.

To compare it to BvS and SS, I'll say this - I hated SS. I think it's absolute trash that I will never see again and rated it a 3/10 I think. BvS I liked but there are character flaws that I didn't and I didn't like the look of the movie - too dark, grim. I rated it a 5/10. In contrast, JL has a much nicer look, the action is pretty great. Seeing the characters interact was a joy. It felt like a comic book movie - fun and not overly serious but with the superheroes being very heroic and enough emotion where it's needed. I feel that all the characters had enough scenes to give them some depth and make them likeable. Yeah, the CG is off here and there but it's easy to not notice them. The callbacks to the fans are also very nice - the old Batman and Superman music especially. My only disappointment is that they did not show how badass and smart Batman is. Instead they showed how he's someone who's feeling guilty and sometimes out of his depth. I think Batman makes up for his lack of abilities by using his brain but this is not shown here.

8/10 for me and, as I said, the most fun movie I've seen this year. In contrast, I left BvS liking it but with some doubts because I knew these are not the characters that I wanted. Critics can fault the editing or plot but from a viewer perspective, the movie is what you want essentially. You can say the villain is weak with weak motivation but he fulfills his purpose - bring the league tomorrow and make the heroes look cool and badass. All those checkboxes are ticked here. There are also some nice moments of calm where the characters are interacting which I liked a lot. Like Barry and Cyborg and how they bond over both of them being accidents.

Get rid of Snyder. Let Whedon have it or the woman who directed Wonder Woman.

SegataSanshiro said:

Calm down - Snyder is gone.

Dude, I remember when Zack Snyder was an awesome director. I loved the 300 and Watchmen.....what the fuck happened

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
SegataSanshiro said:

I am calm. He isn't gone. He left partway into JL to deal with some family stuff but he is still in his position with WB for the DC films. Whedon only did clean up duty but he should be the one to do the next DC film if this PoS doesn't kill it.

SegataSanshiro said:
Lawlight said:

I am calm. He isn't gone. He left partway into JL to deal with some family stuff but he is still in his position with WB for the DC films. Whedon only did clean up duty but he should be the one to do the next DC film if this PoS doesn't kill it.

Na, he’s not coming back. Not with the direction that JL went. Whedon is working on the Batgirl movie but I think he’ll do the next JL movie. Hard to say but I’m confident it’s not Snyder. Keep in mind that the only reason he did JL was because production started well before BvS came out so it was too late to sack him.

Have you seen JL, btw?

Goodnightmoon said:
It's a Zack Snyder movie, of course is gonna be weak. Everything he did after Watchmen is shit.

But Watchman was shit too.

Feels as though DC movies are a response to Marvel movies hence they feel very generic.

loy310 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
It's a Zack Snyder movie, of course is gonna be weak. Everything he did after Watchmen is shit.

But Watchman was shit too.

Feels as though DC movies are a response to Marvel movies hence they feel very generic.

Dude come on, Watchmen was not shit. That movie had great characters, an interesting story and kickass  action. It also brought a darker side to comic book movies that i very much appreciated.

DCU was shit, its now confirmed.

Now the idiots can stop defending it now.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 18 November 2017