By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Bethesda is doing Metroid?

Bethesda and Nintendo are polar opposites.

Nintendo releases exceedingly polished games with relatively no bugs.

Bethesda releases exceedingly polished bugs with relatively no game.

/jokepleasedontreport

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/

"Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don't know which development studio."

saltgrain.gif

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

Because I want Metroid Prime 4 to be a good game.

Bethesda has made lots of good games. What makes you think they can't handle Metroid Prime?

Bethesda is shit at games. Skyrim is awful. Horrible art. ugly visuals. bad combat. Fallout went to shit when Bethesda took over. 3-4 are bad imitations of 1-2. They run like crap and don't listen to QA. So many bugs it should not be forgiven. What people claim are good RPGs are the blandest boring awful mainstream games you can get in the genre. Metroid needs great art direction. Bug-free not look like crap (MP3 still looks good) and be as good as Retro made them. I'd rather see Other M 2 than Bethesda make Metroid. I would not be opposed to id Software of Machine games or even Mecury Steam. Just not Bugthesda.

Quite honestly, I can't imagine Bethesda Game Works spending their time on something at that level. Their resources are much more valuable than that. Their own IP would net them far more money than Nintendo would ever pay for an exclusive. Elder Scrolls is way beyond Metroid in that regard. It would be like trying to hire The Rock to work for a local indie wrestling show at the bingo hall.

And, personally, I want them working on another Elder Scrolls instead of doing something else, especially a project that would never come to PC. I'd rather have the next Elder Scrolls than any Nintendo IP (or Sony, or Microsoft).

id Software is the only fully-functional "Bethesda" developer that doesn't seem to have their hands full. The only other studio would be the new Bethesda team in Canada but I just can't imagine an outside IP being their first project.

CaptainExplosion said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Bethesda is shit at games. Skyrim is awful. Horrible art. ugly visuals. bad combat. Fallout went to shit when Bethesda took over. 3-4 are bad imitations of 1-2. They run like crap and don't listen to QA. So many bugs it should not be forgiven. What people claim are good RPGs are the blandest boring awful mainstream games you can get in the genre. Metroid needs great art direction. Bug-free not look like crap (MP3 still looks good) and be as good as Retro made them. I'd rather see Other M 2 than Bethesda make Metroid. I would not be opposed to id Software of Machine games or even Mecury Steam. Just not Bugthesda.

Even id Software? Wouldn't that lead to the game being too much like Doom?

No. Nintendo would supervise as they always do.  Smash bros from Namco wasn't Soul Calibur despite the same team.

Around the Network

Why would they? Why would Nintendo, of all companies, give their IP to someone they barely know?

They would either make it like Doom or Fallout. Or regardless it would be unpolished and chock full of bugs.

Retro should honestly be doing it. But if nothing else, Nintendo should handle it themselves.

Doom '16 definitely takes influences from the Prime series from the way the jumping mechanics work to the visor / HUD looks. Would be interesting if Bethesda handled the next game but probably not going to happen. I know they announced awhile ago that Prime 4 isn't being done by Retro, but I hope Retro's not working on YET ANOTHER DK game. If they're not doing the next Prime, I want to see them do something new and original.

I hope the rumors about Namco doing the game aren't true either. They didn't exactly blow people away with Starfox Assault on the GC. Would rather see another company take the helm if it's not going to be Nintendo or Retro.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Then paid mods.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Id Software is likely already working on Doom 5.
Panic Button!, the company who made the Doom conversion would actually make more sense.

Wet dream (very unlikely) would be new Japan team with staff left form ex- Kojima Production.