By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Bethesda is doing Metroid?

No no no no no . Bethesda Game Studios would do it awfully, and iD Software should not touch it. It's too different of a game.

Around the Network

I think you mean id. Bethesda Softworks is a publisher.

It's an idea with potential, Doom 2016 gives off Metroid Prime vibes in level design and controls. However, very unlikely to happen.

mZuzek said:
No.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

BraLoD said:
It'll be buggy.

I had the same thought. Nintendo would need to do a lot of game testing to make sure that the game achieves their quality standard. 

Man, playing Doom on the Switch, I thought of that multiple times. The backtracking, graphics, and platforming were pretty tight. They could do it justice.

Around the Network

If Nintendo had Bethesda developing an exclusive I would want it to be a new property and a WRPG (to diverse the game library).

I'd worry about glitches, though.

Bethesda are hard at work on their second Skryim port for Switch.

Darwinianevolution said:
It would be interesting, but I doubt it. After other M, they need to be extremely careful about what they do with 3D Metroid, and allowing a 3rd party studio to do it is not the safest thing. Yes, Samus Returns was made by a non-Nintendo company, but it was just a remake of a GB game. Metroid Prime 4 will be much much more important.

If Nintendo's being so careful, why is anyone but Retro developing it?  Not to say only Retro could do a good job, but I don't think Nintendo is actually putting a lot of attention into the care of the Metroid IP judging by Federation Farce.

Edit: forgot to say, @OT, I thought Bethesda said Nintendo approached them directly about Skyrim.  I doubt there's any secret agenda here, Nintendo is trying to build 3rd party support just like any new console.  Bethesda might be an interesting pick for a new Metroid, though.

That kind of stretch you only find on internet forums...