Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Bethesda is doing Metroid?

Darwinianevolution said:
It would be interesting, but I doubt it. After other M, they need to be extremely careful about what they do with 3D Metroid, and allowing a 3rd party studio to do it is not the safest thing. Yes, Samus Returns was made by a non-Nintendo company, but it was just a remake of a GB game. Metroid Prime 4 will be much much more important.

If Nintendo's being so careful, why is anyone but Retro developing it?  Not to say only Retro could do a good job, but I don't think Nintendo is actually putting a lot of attention into the care of the Metroid IP judging by Federation Farce.

Edit: forgot to say, @OT, I thought Bethesda said Nintendo approached them directly about Skyrim.  I doubt there's any secret agenda here, Nintendo is trying to build 3rd party support just like any new console.  Bethesda might be an interesting pick for a new Metroid, though.

Around the Network

That kind of stretch you only find on internet forums...

mZuzek said:
No.

Why not?

It's Bandai Namco.

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:
No.

Why not?

Because I want Metroid Prime 4 to be a good game.

Around the Network

Ok people, Bethesda Softworks is a *publisher*. Looking at the OP, it seems he's almost certainly referring to id. Id is a developer under Bethesda. So stop referring to Bethesda Game Studios.

I'd rather Nintendo just license id Tech 6.

Im still shocked it wasn't given to Retro Studio's what have they been doing the last 3 years? They haven't really done too much in the last 10 years other than a couple of side scrolling Donkey Kong games right? Which while they were great, don't scream long development requirements.

Pls no.

FUCK NO!