By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Bethesda is doing Metroid?

It's a little curious how Bethesda has suddenly become highly supportive of the Nintendo Switch, seemingly out of nowhere, unless Nintendo gave them a very tasty cookie.

It could be that they are an incredibly perceptive company, and they're doing it because of the foresight. They obviously specialize in first-person shooter development. They would be a very good fit. They're clearly developing tech and process to do these sorts of games specifically on the Nintendo Switch.

Of course, I am purely speculating, what are your thoughts?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

It would be interesting, but I doubt it. After other M, they need to be extremely careful about what they do with 3D Metroid, and allowing a 3rd party studio to do it is not the safest thing. Yes, Samus Returns was made by a non-Nintendo company, but it was just a remake of a GB game. Metroid Prime 4 will be much much more important.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Which part? Machine has been busy with Wolfenstein. Arkane has been busy. Tango has been busy and I doubt they're up to that kind of game.

Perhaps id Software but that would be really odd.

Bethesda Game Works has MUCH larger fish to fry and they obviously have a ton of work on their plate with Elder Scrolls. They did open another studio in 2015 so I suppose that is possible. We have no idea what level that new studio is at, however.

Not sure how developing Metroid would be a cookie for Bethesda.... They already own their own big IPs to work on, which no doubt leaves room for a lot more potential profit than being a contract developer on Metroid.

It would be cool.

Around the Network

It's a sexy thought for sure!

Probably not going to be Bethesda. It is rumored that Bandai Namco might get the call but that’s not confirmed.

I don't think we'll be that lucky. But after playing DOOM... I have to admit that a Metroid Prime made by Bethesda would be so damn cool.

very unlikely, but I would say that Nintendo could easily put it in the hands of ID software, cause they are some of best at shooting mechanics and atmosphere

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Seems quite unlikely, but I suppose not impossible. I wish they'd just make some damn progress on ES VI, though... Seriously, it's been over half a decade and I'm feening.