Forums - Gaming Discussion - May get a Switch—my first ever Nintendo home console—UPDATE: GETTING ONE FOR CHRISTMAS!

As in the title and OP, I’m officially getting a Switch :)

Another question...seems like Nintendo rarely discounts their consoles. Does that apply to their games as well? Was wondering if I should bite on SMO right now for $55 or wait for a price drop. How long will I be waiting? :/

Oh, and btw, I got the Zelda explorer’s edition for Switch on Black Friday for $9.97. Walmart had it labeled wrong. I know they’re policy, and so I fought for it and won. A steal!

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 19 December 2017

Around the Network

Nintendo games rarely get discounts, so if you wanna play any of their triple A stuff, just buy it now.

If you use Amazon or Best Buy, I would recommend either Prime or GCU, especially GCU, as that helps to alleviate the cost of games a little.

(Do you mean Super Mario Odyssey? You shouldn't pay more than $20 for Galaxy. )

That's a crazy good deal for Zelda!

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it!

Ultrashroomz said:
Nintendo games rarely get discounts, so if you wanna play any of their triple A stuff, just buy it now.

If you use Amazon or Best Buy, I would recommend either Prime or GCU, especially GCU, as that helps to alleviate the cost of games a little.

(Do you mean Super Mario Odyssey? You shouldn't pay more than $20 for Galaxy. )

That's a crazy good deal for Zelda!

Thanks for the tip! And haha yeah, I meant Odyssey. 

Does BB give you a discount anytime? Or just for preorders?

pitzy272 said:

20% off new game purchases, doesn't have to be a pre-order.

Keep in mind it also works on special editions, and stacks with most sales.

Around the Network

to the first of a long line of Nintendo consoles!

Switch!!!

Good on you. Are you talking recommendations for games, and if so do they need to be exclusive (or at very least not available on your primary console if choice)?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Ultrashroomz said:
pitzy272 said:

Hmm tempting. Just wondering how long out from release a game can be to be considered “new”...

pitzy272 said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Hmm tempting. Just wondering how long out from release a game can be to be considered “new”...

It doesn't seem to say:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best-buy/gamers-club/pcmcat338600050004.c?id=pcmcat338600050004

fedfed said:
to the first of a long line of Nintendo consoles!

Thank you, sir!

Azuren said:
Good on you. Are you talking recommendations for games, and if so do they need to be exclusive (or at very least not available on your primary console if choice)?

Umm preferably, but I suppose not necessarily. If you can list a multiplat that plays well on the go, I’d chew on the idea of getting it for Switch.