By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - May get a Switch—my first ever Nintendo home console—UPDATE: GETTING ONE FOR CHRISTMAS!

pitzy272 said:
Jranation said:
"HomeConsole"

I can see some users get triggered by it xD

Why? Bc Switch acts as both a home console and a handheld?

Yes, absolutely. It's an hybrid console after all. The Nintendo Switch is for all of us our first ever Nintendo hybrid console. Sounds exciting don't you think ?

Around the Network

Just bought a Switch myself. First Nintendo Product I have purchased since N64 and Gameboy Color.

It is extreamly limited in capabilities. You have Hulu as of yesterday, which offers Live TV, outside of that it is just games.

I bought it because I have been waiting for a true sequal to Mario 64 for two decades and SMO finally fills that spot.

I grabbed Zelda, and have about an hour into it so far. I don't feel like you will have any issueifthis is your first Zelda. It is already quite enjoyable but I want to get through Mario before I dig any deeper into Zelda.

As others have mentioned, a large Micro SD chip will be very beneficial. I happened to have a free 128GB chip from a phone I gifted someone. Already 26GB used between Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Screen caps.

If you think 100+ hours of Mario and Zelda is worthy of a pure games machine purchase, then I wouldn't feel bad saying the Switch is worth it. There is a lot coming next year between games and the full blown Nintendo Network. Mario and Zelda should get you through the rest if the year, and the first weeks of 2018. Then I don't think you will have to worry about content after that. Virtual Console should bring NES - WiiU in time , starting once the NN starts full service.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I would buy it now. I am seeing less of them in stores since Mario came out on the 27th of October. Before the 27th I saw some stores had 15 plus in stock but now they only have 3 or 4 and there getting new shipments all the time. So it appears sales are going up already. They did increase production but alot of people are going to buy it for Christmas.

So stupid.This sounds more like an ad than asling something.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 11 November 2017

It seems that your questions have already been answered. BUT i wan't to give you some tips:

- Looks like you have a PS4 or XB1 controller, you can use them with your Switch! Buy this adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/FastSnail-Controller-Converter-Controllers-Compatible/dp/B073ZFPJLQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510368847&sr=8-3&keywords=fastsnail+switch+controller

Now you have 2 fully controllers!

- If you really want to play Mario Galaxy 1&2 you can get a Wii for $50 and both games for $30 (All used but in total = $80 USD.. sweet).

- After Zelda you should buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and if you buy the wii, get the first Xenoblade too! (This one is going to be more expensive but is it worth it).

Around the Network

Get it now, it has a lot of content, and in the future will be one of the best systems of all time.

34 years playing games.

pitzy272 said: 

1. Should I buy a Switch now, or wait for a deal on BF or closer to Christmas? I feel like Nintendo doesn’t often do major discounts or bundles. So would I get the same deal now as I would during BF/the holidays?

2. I realllly would like to play the old Super Mario Galaxy games. Can I buy these and other prior-gen Nintendo games digitally on the Switch/Nintendo store? Or is the Switch BC?

3. Will I be able to enjoy Zelda BotW if I’ve never played a Zelda game before?

4. Is there any peripheral or anything else I have to buy other than what comes with the Switch? I’ve heard people talk about some alternate controller? Not sure what that’s about...

Sorry I know so little about Nintendo/the Switch. But thank you in advance for any and all answers! :) And any other tips or useful info you want to share is welcome as well!

1. Get whatever you can find in stock. Nintendo is very slow with their price drops when things are successful. 

2. Not yet, unfortunately. Nintendo would be insane not to bring virtual console over though. The platform is perfect for it as it has all prior control schemes and is portable. 

3. Absolutely. There is very little story continuity between The Legend of Zelda games, and this one breaks the conventions of 3D Zelda titles gameplay/design-wise. 

4. Get adapters for your current controllers, it'll save you a lot of money. The Pro Controller isn't worth the price. An adapter would only be between $10-20, a Pro Controller is $70. 

Jranation said:

"HomeConsole"

I can see some users get triggered by it xD

1. Should wait. I have stores that does include a gme for cheaper price. 

2. Idk

3. Yes. I was like that too. If you like RPG/Adventure games then you will like this

4. Nah. Pro controllers are very expensive for now. Just try how you feel with the Joycons

3) Don't assume, RPG's is the only genre i play mostly. BOTW in my opinion is the worst one i have played.

Suky said:

So stupid.This sounds more like an ad than asling something.

What does this mean?

Random_Matt said:

3) Don't assume, RPG's is the only genre i play mostly. BOTW in my opinion is the worst one i have played.

Probably because it isn't one. I find it hard to believe that Breath of the Wild was the worst game you've played that you thought (or actually) was an RPG. Well, unless you've played very few games that is. There are hundreds of RPGs which are bad games for the reasons of: broken mechanics, game-breaking bugs, poor polish, etc, and I am sure you've played at least one of them. That likely would place BoTW as not the "worst one" you've played. Although I understand hyperbole is pretty common on these gaming forums and the internet in general.