By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - May get a Switch—my first ever Nintendo home console—UPDATE: GETTING ONE FOR CHRISTMAS!

pitzy272 said:

Thanks for the tip! And haha yeah, I meant Odyssey. 

Does BB give you a discount anytime? Or just for preorders?

20% off new game purchases, doesn't have to be a pre-order.

Keep in mind it also works on special editions, and stacks with most sales.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

to the first of a long line of Nintendo consoles!

Switch!!!

Good on you. Are you talking recommendations for games, and if so do they need to be exclusive (or at very least not available on your primary console if choice)?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Ultrashroomz said:
pitzy272 said:

Thanks for the tip! And haha yeah, I meant Odyssey. 

Does BB give you a discount anytime? Or just for preorders?

Hmm tempting. Just wondering how long out from release a game can be to be considered “new”...

pitzy272 said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Hmm tempting. Just wondering how long out from release a game can be to be considered “new”...

It doesn't seem to say:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best-buy/gamers-club/pcmcat338600050004.c?id=pcmcat338600050004

Around the Network
fedfed said:
to the first of a long line of Nintendo consoles!

Thank you, sir!

Azuren said:
Good on you. Are you talking recommendations for games, and if so do they need to be exclusive (or at very least not available on your primary console if choice)?

Umm preferably, but I suppose not necessarily. If you can list a multiplat that plays well on the go, I’d chew on the idea of getting it for Switch.  

Another quick question...the Pro controller is expensive! I just got it for $61, but it’s still more than I want to spend, considering I just bought SMO. Is there ANY other way to emulate the same experience of the pro controller without spending so much money? Thought I read something about an adapter that can allow u to play with a PS4 controller? Maybe I dreamed that.

pitzy272 said:
Another quick question...the Pro controller is expensive! I just got it for $61, but it’s still more than I want to spend, considering I just bought SMO. Is there ANY other way to emulate the same experience of the pro controller without spending so much money? Thought I read something about an adapter that can allow u to play with a PS4 controller? Maybe I dreamed that.

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nintendo-Magic-NS-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B07413R4HS

You'll not experience the HD rumble and the big ass buttons.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I got my switch, which was also my first nintendo console, on the 1st of the month. I was able to get it at a temporary discount of 100 dollars off, and good thing, because I had to but screen protectors, doc socks, and other stuff.

I had my mind made up that I wasn't paying 300 dollars for one. But, 200 dollars was fine by me.