By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Yeah I am an old timer (at least compared to most of the posters here).  I've never played Nethack, but I have fond memories of Descent.  It almost made my list.

#49 is The Walking Dead?
#48 is Zork, or some remastered version of Zork

I got nothin' for #47

Hehe, I sometimes think I'm hundred years older than everyone else on this board.

#49: it contains Marvel Heroes?

#48: Correct, it is Return to Zork.

And oh, I overlooked #47 and forgot to give an additional hint. Hmm.

#47: The game series includes character from different games, including games from other companies.

47 is Super Smash Bros Brawl

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

Hehe, I sometimes think I'm hundred years older than everyone else on this board.

#49: it contains Marvel Heroes?

#48: Correct, it is Return to Zork.

And oh, I overlooked #47 and forgot to give an additional hint. Hmm.

#47: The game series includes character from different games, including games from other companies.

Yes, also right. You get all my games, while I don't guess your's, I don't even know them. Centipede? Well, I never played Arcade.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Yes, also right. You get all my games, while I don't guess your's, I don't even know them. Centipede? Well, I never played Arcade.

I can give you a clue to my #46 game.

This Atari 2600 game is the first game to include credits to the game developer.  But it had to be included as an Easter Egg, because it was against Atari policy.

There's a mission where you follow a train, and you suck at it.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

I can give you a clue to my #46 game.

This Atari 2600 game is the first game to include credits to the game developer.  But it had to be included as an Easter Egg, because it was against Atari policy.

Adventure is a really bad name, as there are at least three videogames of that name. Never played it actually, because I wasn't into console back then. That's why my list consists of some DOS-games, because that's where I played on.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
There's a mission where you follow a train, and you suck at it.

Back to the Future 3 on Genesis.

No wait that's a stage coach...

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 13 November 2017

Ka-pi96 said:
mZuzek said:

Not sure about the "suck at it" part, but I definitely sucked at that mission so I'm guessing San Andreas.

"Follow the damn train CJ!"

Is there anybody that doesn't suck at that mission?

I did pretty good on like my 3rd try

But yeah, it's San Andreas.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

#49: Just Cause 3 (Xbone/PS4)

This game is made for solely one thing: blowing shit up. Again, like Dead Rising 4, the gameplay is pure bliss. The grappling hook, the main mechanic of the game, is just awesome and addicting to use. Whether its making huge oil tanks explode, attach a grapple hook from your car to a statue to take down it down, or blowing up a huge bridge,  the scope of it all never ceased to impress me.  The world map, though still a bit plain at sometimes, is a good improvement from JC2. Yes, there are many framerate rate drops and technical issues, along with a very uninspiring narrative, but this is not what I look for when I play this game. What I look for, is to  BLOW SHIT UP.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I picked the interactive drama 1979 Revolution: Black Friday for my #49 because of its fascinating subject matter. It tells the story of the 1979 Iranian revolution from the perspective of an aspiring photojournalist.

Step On It!

• Mac OS
  • puzzle-platformer
  • Casady&Greene

'Obscure' doesn't quite seem to cut it when it comes to this game. I highly doubt there's anyone here who has actually heard about this game, let alone play it, and it was the developer's only effort in the business. The game it was cloned from however, should be more familiar; 'Solomon's Key' on the Nintendo Entertainment System. A fact unknown to me until over a decade later.

'Step On It!' however is, besides simply being a lot of fun, a very important game for me. Aside from being the one of the first games I played on a home computer, it was also the one that introduced me to the puzzle genre. It was the first game that made me think, and it was highly addicting. I even play it still to this day, every once in a while, on the same old computer I did back then.

Like it's example 'Solomon's Key', the objective in 'Step On it!' is to make and break blocks to form stairs and bridges to overcome obstacles or to protect themselves and buy time against enemies by blockading their paths and finally reach the exit door. There's coins and other items to collect for points, weapons for defeating enemies and most importantly the key to unlock the exit. A simple concept, but after a while the game will get ridiculously difficult. It became a memorable experience long before that however.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 13 November 2017